Clothing Budget Challenge for March
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Clothing Budget Challenge for March

I have really been wanting to start something like this.
    I know I can't be alone in needing to set a budget and be able to stick to it right?

I am trying to think of a reasonable goal I can set for myself that won't make me go nuts trying to keep it, but that is also reasonable.

I also am not sure if I should count surprise clothing gifts from my husband since it's still from our money, or just hold myself accountable?

I think for now I will set it at 50$ for March, for the three of us.
    This will include accessories and shoes as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i never set a clothing budget..i woulnd know where to start

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob mylittle4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

AHHHHH! Not in March. That is when all the cute capris come out!!! Okay yes I have a problem and yes I need to be held accountable. For this month I am not setting a goal just keeping track of it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great idea Heather.I desprately need to keep to a budget,this time of year we have mass consignment sales,Macy's closing(going again monday for disney trip clothes)yard sales starting will it ever end.Since we are staing at a RESORT(meaning polo shirts a must lol)I will need to get me and dh a few outfits since well we really dont have anything like that,ok maybe dh one and me 3 lol!I've made a list for the kids already,it includes what it is how many they need and what is the most I will pay for it(not paying full price)Hmm so maybe mine will be $50 for me and dh and $20 for the kids this month(hopefully it will be the rest of the spring)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't get out of town enough to shop for clothes I am trying to decide if i want to buy me anything tomorrow when i am in town. So i will say 75 that is if i go really really wild.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Get wild Heaven you deserve a lil splurge!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i did really good at sears today..they still have the clerance stuff out and i got 2 tops and 2 pants for 17.24. the best part is i used a gift card i had been saving andstill have 2.54 on it..and i have another gift card too..not sure what is left but it may be 5 or 10 so ill wait for the next set of clerance sales

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can't wait till it warms up and garage sales start again. My daughters are running around in Abercrombie & Fitch and Gap shirts, that I would never pay their regular price for. One day my daughter had a whole cute outfit on: a Gap tee shirt, some L.E.I jeans and Candies clogs, and her whole outfit cost $2.25! She did so good at one garage sale last year, their daughter had just outgrown a whole mess of clothes and they were all Hayley's size, and they looked barely worn, some still had their original tags, all at 50 cents a piece!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will set mine at zero and lose weight and fit all that cute stuff in the back of my closet. I dont really have that far to go. 6 more pounds and the stop smoking weight will be gone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had to find this TODAY! I haven't spent any money yet, but Friday I'll be going to WM to get some Clearance shirts for ds. I'll be getting a few for now, but the majority will be for Next school yr. They are clearanced down to $5 each. They may be marked down further by Friday.

DH needs some new flannel shirts too....sigh

I plan on spending about 70.oo on Clearance merch.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sears had great flannels 65-80 % off clearance, then another 50% off...hurry Graci

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'll try this, but it's gonna be really hard. I love to buy clothes and dd and I are needing some new spring/summer stuff and shoes. I'll try to stay at $50 for the month and see if I can stick to it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I spent $66.75 today, so I'm already over budget and the month has barely begun I got dd three shirts: for myself two shirts, a skirt and pocketbook. Dd couldn't find anything else she liked or I would have ended up spending even more. I still need to get her some more summer things but may try to sew some of them myself and use some of the fabric and patterns I already have. And I want to make myself some sundresses and maybe a skirt or two. Guess I'll have to try again next month, lol, I love clothes and I like for dd and dh to have lots of nice clothes so sticking to a budget with clothing is going to be a really tough one for me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well we went over budget already!!!!But its for good reasons.We went to macy's and i got a pair of khakis and pajama pants for $10 and Jason got 3 pairs of shorts and 5 shirts for $60,Then he wanted shoes(hint never go to the mall with a guy they are worse than women)so he got some at Sears,this whole thing about staying at a fancy shmancy resort this sept is getting to his head.He bought stuff that was really nice though that I hardly ever see him in.I got 2 pairs of shorts 3 sizes too small(ok dumb but it gives me a goal to get into them Paid $9 ea for them,got a pair of keds for $11 ad a tank top for $4

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob mylittle4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well I went to a garage sale today and I spent $13.25. This is how I will buy almost if not all of my dks summer clothing. I always get carried away and then I wonder why I have so much laundry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast