2016 Grocery Budget Challenge - Page 3
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I decided that i would set my budget at 250.00 per month. Two adults and would include hba and paper. I will try to keep to 50.00 a week if possible. The other 50.00 will be for buying sale meat or good deals to stock up. I can also use it if needed for weekly groceries. I shop Aldis, Walmart, Dollar Tree and a regular grocery store for the sales.

I never thought of keeping track of money spent for groceries and coupon savings so I will start doing that. I shop once a week so it should be too hard to keep track. I will keep track of the eating out also.

Today I did a paper inventory of everything here so i can plan meals using what i have first.

Looking forward to this challenge.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spent $51 at Aldis today!

51/400

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

first trip of the new year and actually the first time I left the house since the 23rd, we've been flooded in. Spent $25 and I still need to pick up a few price-match items, I'll do that Tues.
    Terry

Jan grocery 129.57/275.00
    Jan coupon 1.00
    YTD grocery
    YTD coupon

New Recipe 1/24
    Items repurposed
    Twenty wishes 0/20

as of 1-11

Personal challenge, 5 A Day
    put away, throw away, give away
    at least 5 items a day

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am so in on this one. I got lazy this year, and can't let that happen again.

There are six of us. Two adults, and, by the end of February, four kids, aged 15, 12, 10, and 5.

I am including HBA and paper products, but we don't have any pets.

I've been averaging about $250 per week on groceries, but I am hoping to cut that to $200 per week. We eat breakfast at home, I make the kids, dh's and my lunches, I cook meals for dinner, and we have snacks for the kids when they get home from school.

I shopped yesterday, in the first shop for the new year and spent $194.00, so so far, so good!
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Mortgage - $377,836.63

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I didn't do so great at reporting the last half of the year last year but I did keep records. My groceries last year averaged $107 a week for 2 adults 3 kids 7, 4, and 2, a medium size dog and 1 cat. My budget included all home groceries, all paper and cleaning products, diapers and wipes, all pet food and litter, and any over the counter meds. My goal was $115 a week so I'm very happy with the results.

This year my goal is $110 a week. We are optimistically expecting a new addition at the end of July but I'm planning to cloth diaper at least part time and by that time the one currently in diapers will be potty trained. I am also going to try tracking eat out this year, only made it about a month and a half for that last year. That one scares me a little bit.

We had a very rough year last year, we lost a pregnancy at 15 weeks, a grandparent we were very close to and repeated car repairs along with hospital bills that just ruined our chances of gaining any credit. Basically our 'you don't have bad credit you just have no credit' has changed to calls at least once a week and 'no, I'm not paying you today'. Hoping to work all that out this year. We ended the year on a good note and I'm hoping it stays that way. I'm really pushing for accountability with the spending this year to get us back on track. Our spending just doesn't do well during stress.

We will definitely do a garden this year along with wholesale produce auctions, bumped and dented shopping and some couponing. I've been rocking the gas deals at Giant and that saves a lot too. I'm hoping for a bulk meat order this year and to introduce more veggie friendly meals to reduce cost there as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went grocery shopping yesterday for the week. My goal was $100 a week/$5200. for the year. I came in at $92.18.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am keeping track for January and then will set the budget. 2 adults , one dog and a client about 1 week a month who stays with us. $22 for shampoo, conditioner, laundry detergent, 10 pack paper towels at family dollar. Groceries $49 at Aldi s.
    Total: $71

Registered User Back2Basicsforme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I spent $10.62 Today on Beverages for the home. Hope to do a big shopping at Aldi's to stock up for hopefully a couple weeks. Trying to be real cost conscious.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Went today and spent $59.00 but $17 of that is for 2 pounds of Brazil nuts from the nut store they should last a couple of months as we eat 3 a day.
    Debra
    Married to Michael
    Mom to
    Chassidy 29
    Tanner 25
    Johanna 20
    Grandma to Jaxson 4/18/14

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hit up the 15% off sale at a local health food store and spent $32 CAD on groceries today. Not bad.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spent 54.04 on groceries yesterday. I need to head out today and pick up just a few more items (cold cuts and beans).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ok havent been to the store for awhile and stockpiled while the getting is good. The years major hike should hit this months end.
    So I had $32.17 and spent $170.44 Kroger,skipped Big Lot
    $44. at the Dollar Tree
    So $251.61/$600. Got a $3. off next shopping trip courtesy of Post.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in - food is one of the areas my DH and I go over on all the time, and it needs to stop. I told him we're literally eating the car we want to save for.

There are just 2 of us in the household, plus 3 dogs and 1 cat. Our current budget is a ridiculous $600/month which we still have trouble sticking to. It does include HBA, paper, basically anything that comes from the grocery store because I don't like sitting down and itemizing the receipts, which means I'm probably including some things that shouldn't be there. I also need to break DH of the bad habit of getting cash back from time to time, since that inflates the numbers.

I know there is a lot he and I can be doing to rein in these numbers so I'm looking forward to participating in the challenge. Now I just need to figure out what we've spent so far. We live right near a store and try to walk there almost every evening to pick up dinner things, which is great for exercise but not as great in terms of bulk purchases, but I think with some planning I can figure something out there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Visited Superstore last night for chicken and broccoli. Cost $32. Add that to the earlier $34 spent at the health food store and it's $66 for two adults this week. Under my limit of $100.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

$13 for dog food and dog treats- Family dollar, treats $1 , don't get them often
    January total so far $84

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast