2016 Grocery Budget Challenge - Page 4
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Registered User Back2Basicsforme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

On Monday I did a big grocery shopping at Aldi. Almost $200 worth. Hoping to have stocked up for a bit. Going to work through as much stuff in the pantry as I can to try and save money and use up older food. See how far I can really stretch this month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So far this month, I've spent $67 on groceries - this does not include HBA or cat food.
    Last year, I spent about $175 per month. Since it's only me, I should be able to lower that.
    Some of it, of course, was extra food that I bought the week my granddaughters stayed with me and extra that I buy when I invite the whole family over for Sunday lunch (3 or 4 times a year.)

I think $150 is reasonable for all of that, but hopefully I can get it even lower.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I spent $124.60/$130 today and saved $6.75 by couponing. I am also trying to work through some of the stuff in the pantry this month!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

only a week and I'm over my weekly budget but still below the monthly allowance. I do not plan on leaving the house until early next week so this should be doable.
    Terry

Jan grocery 129.57/275.00
    Jan coupon 1.00
    YTD grocery
    YTD coupon

New Recipe 1/24
    Items repurposed
    Twenty wishes 0/20

as of 1-11

Personal challenge, 5 A Day
    put away, throw away, give away
    at least 5 items a day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Almost the end of the week and I have not been to the store. Glad I had so much
    in the cupboards. I will be very happy if I can make it thru the weekend. I know I will need some items next week. With what I didnt spend this week I can maybe pick up some markdown meat and put in freezer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This week was a little appalling. I did a big shop at Giant a lot of which was for gas reward stuff. Then I did a bulk food order The total was 338.01 but some of that will drop back off once I get the gas. While it looks nuts it shouldn't take too long for it to average back out. The average always looks funky in the beginning because I do huge orders but then buy nothing but milk for a couple weeks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hit Big Lots for canned cat food which doesnt count for my total but bought $84.29 in food and gel packs for the Dw.
    So total is $335.90 so far this month and i still havent hit Aldis. But a lot was stockpiled.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Lifeframes-same here esp. w/ stockpiling.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I had to stop at the store, yesterday, to pick up a thing or two. I left with a cart full, however, I decided, while I was there, to take advantage of the can-can sale, again, and buy some things that were at a severely slashed price, that I would have wound up paying full price for in my weekly shop on Sunday. So, although I spent $108.81, it means I will spend much less next week.
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Mortgage - $377,836.63

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I spent 102.95 for a total of 156.99/400. I need to start shopping some meat sales because I am starting to run out. I don't want to get hit at the end of the month with a giant meat bill.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thought I could make it until next week but went to 2 stores this afternoon.
    12.94 at first store but I paid with a gift card and still have alittle left on the card.
    Also got a raincheck on one item.
    Second store was 26.99. I had some coupons I used.

I think I will join the coupon challenge.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dec 2015 was able to save $50.00 out of grocery
    budget, so I started my 52 week challenge envelope.

So for the last 2 weeks of Dec $200.00 ( +$50.00 to challenge envelope)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got gas rewards yesterday and deducted it from last weeks total. Some of them were from last year but I just took it all out of last week. Saved $66 so my new average for last week is $272. So far all we've gotten this week is toilet paper at $13.50 but before the week is out I will have to get more milk and probably laundry detergent.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dh went grocery shopping again. He thinks because it is a good deal he should buy it. I can't complain because he does save me time, and he does help with the cooking. Also he buys things he thinks I will like. For example , I like general tso chicken from the local take out and he knows I am on the no eating out challenge. He saw the store he works at had the convenience packed general tso chicken with vegetables and rice on sale for $2.99, so he bought several. Luckily it tastes pretty good and it is a good price for a meal for 2. I also have plans to try the recipe provided by Spirit Deer in the try new recipe challenge. So I guess I won't complain. I asked if he has been giving me all the receipts and he told me he always uses his debit card. When I got checking it I found a few purchases I didn't know about. I want to track out to eats, snacks, health and beauty, dog food etc. So my total is up. (I need to get better at stockpiling items we use on regular basis.)At the end of each month I will make it our challenge to spend less than the month before (unless we expect family or hosting a party).
    Total $130 for January, includes out to eats (paid for by gift cards) and work lunches and McD's ice cream and coffee he buys occasionally. DH is open to having conversations about food savings, I do have to remind him that I want to use up what is in the fridge and freezer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

sent Dh to get 2 peppers ?? So I am adding $2. So $354./$600. Decided to try $550. next month only 28 days and my stockpile should be in better shape.

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast