Grocery Challenge - April - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

well, I was REALLY hoping to hold out till friday (paycheck day) to do my next trip, BUT Ayla used up her last diaper Thursday night, plus we were out of eggs and fruit...

Including trips I did in the beginning of the week, here is what I
    got:

22oz. of hair gell for carl
    4 lbs bacon
    2 14ct. boxes of Fudgicles
    2 squeezable welches jams(free)
    2 quaker toastables 8ct. in each
    1 van de kamp 6pack eng. muffins
    1 lb Chunk Mozzerella
    1 Frozen Penne Entree (free)
    2 1/2 gallons of whole Milk
    2.5oz. Honey Smoked Turkey slices
    1 Jumbo Pack Huggies Supreme Diapers
    4 navel oranges
    5 large fuji apples (free)
    1 6pack Superpretzls
    1 Dozen Egglands best eggs
    Might have been something else since one of the receipts is still at the store...(from the apple refund for them not ringing up on sale)

Total spent was 27.34
    Total saved w/ just rainchecks and coupons, about 30$

I was SO happy that I was able to pay for it all in cash too!
    My last trip though I was digging out the dimes and nickles

Total to date for April: 97.16
    Goal: 200$
    My trip for this weekend won't be so big now that I have the big items off my grocery list.

(77.84 left to spend)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i not going to make my goal i have 56.94left..
    went to store sat..and got normal stuff 32.55
    then was sent back on sunday 4-13 and spent 29.41 but i got some really good deals

5 long island ice teas(1) hurrican TGI mix @1.99=1.99
    4 hot chco packs @.10 = .40
    17 walnut acres organic farms soups @19 =3.23
    3 cartons of mango cookies @.30 = .90
    3 coconut indian style cooking stuff @20 = .60
    2 asia style sausy sue @.20=.40
    1 edy dreamy ice cream 1.74-1.50 = .24
    byers 2.49 - 1.50 =.99

and other stuff ( have too much to list) but it will help what i already have go further..

so im not unhappy about not meeting my goal..the discounted stuff was on a cart andim going back monday to see if i can get more..and to think i dont normally got to the store as its the first day of sales and its really crazy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

As of today's trips(and a planned return) I have 32$ left for the rest of the month
    All I really need for this week now is cokes. Milk should last at LEAST another week...so if we can get by on what we already have we should be able to meet my goal of 175 for April.

I'm trying to resist the urge to go back to ralphs and get more goodies

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

cmu
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

OK, I am setting my goal at $200..I think I can do it.......
    So Far I have made 2 trips, here is what I got:
    6lbs Fresh Boneless Skinless Chincken Breasts
    12 Pk Pepsi
    4 Cans of Corn
    4 Cans Green Beans
    4 Cans Diced Tomatoes
    2 Boxs Cake Mix
    12 Jars Ragu Sp. Sauce
    10lb Sugar
    1 loaf Bread
    1 Bag Chips
    1 Jug Juicy Juice
    Head of lettuce
    1.59lb Tomatos

Total Spent: $48.31

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went to Walgreens and got a 12 pack of Coke, 10 4-5 packs of Peeps and 6 Suave Deodorant for $2.22!

We got our 70# meat bundle (Gary threw in about 20# extra in chicken breasts. pork steaks and Iowa chops ) I also picked up 2 dozen eggs and 3 bottles of Windex for dh, he can't live without his Windex!? Paid $154.42

At WM I got all kinds of stuff including (2) Vienna breads for .77 each, Quaker Toastables for .50 each, Chicken leg quarters (2) 10# bags $2.90 each, (6) 1/2 gal milk for .76 each, (2) 20# bags of Kibbles 'n Bits for $6.88 each, (4) pkgs of White Cloud Diapers for the new one for $6.97 each, and some canned vegees for .29 each. I spent $92.48 there.

Grand Total since April 1 is $372.95. I've used #118.88 worth of coupons. Oh! I got my $10 Quaker Rebate, so I guess I get to subract that! I don't think I'll be making anymore shopping trips before the baby is born.

Goal is $500 for April and May together.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Okay, I don't think I'm going to meet my goal this month, but I did know it was going to be a restocking month. I bought a lot of canned vegetables and fruits this week for our pantry because we were running low. Also, 4 loaves of bread and a lot of produce. We are going to dh's cousin's for Easter and offered to bring something and she asked us to bring the salad. So, the one item that there are never any coupons for: PRODUCE! And, I have to make a salad for 50 people! I'm definitely going over!

Goal: $130
    Total: $95.02
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Mortgage - $377,836.63

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm not going to be making my goal either Amy
    I am down to 5.45 left now, so that wouldn't even buy enough cokes for another week

But I did have a nearly empty fridge and it's now restocked. I still need to restock on canned veggies, and get more food for dh. I'm also getting into this mode of wanting the luxury food items Like frozen blueberry's, blackberry's, cheesecake and that kind of stuff...not that fancy for some people but for me it's stuff I've been really not letting myself have for a loooong time

I'm so bummed right now because I thought for sure there would be a great loss leader on EGGS for easter, but so far not a one! I have only 2 more stores to hold out hope for.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I just spent $51.28 bringing my total to $96.32 leaving me with
    $203.68. I'll be doing another shopping trip on Sat.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok, I'm now over budget, at 181.21
    Goal was 175$

Btw, I'm always just so amazed at how long some of you can go without grocery shopping! I sure hope I'll get that good at this that I can take that long of a break

Oh and I spent 11.xx today. Got 2) 12 packs of coke, 1 lb of strawberry's, 15oz. lunchmeat, and a 6(or 8?) pack winterfresh gum.

And I still have more to get once tomorrow's sales arrive!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Another update for me. Today I bought some items that we really needed. Total came out to $30 (rounding up again). I did stumble upon a really good deal...Armour pepperoni was being clearanced at one of the stores I was shopping the loss leaders at. They are not going to be carrying that brand anymore so I got the last 6 packages they had for .99 each! My son Josh was so thrilled because he has been begging to make pizza for dinner and I told him I didn't have any pepperoni! Guess what we're having Friday night?????

Goal: $200
    Spent: $94
    Left: $106

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hit WM quickly yesterday and picked up 4 34.5 oz cans of Folgers, 6 Intn'l Delight Pints, 5 bags of Oreos and a big box of sandwich bags for $19.92 after $12 in coupons.

I did a couple of Mystery Shops too, so is it fair to calculate it like this?

WM bill (20) + fuel cost to drive there (5) - Mystery Shop $ earned (14) = $11 for all my stuff plus 4 big Rosat Beef Sandwiches, french fries and cold drinks to last the trip?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I did a major shopping today.

Store #1 - $86.95

Store #2 - $47.65

Total today $134.60 bringing my total to $230.92 leaving me a balance of $69.08.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Ladies,
    We went down to Lewiston/Clarkston today and found some great deals grocery wise. One of the fruit stands had asparagus for .89 cents a pound and Fuji apples for .49 a pound. They also had 15 pound bags of potatoes for 1.59. I picked up a bunch of Walla Walla Sweet Onion starts there to put in the garden for $2.39 (they are wonderful!!!!). We'll use all we can fresh and I'll dehydrate the extras when the crop comes in.
    We did the bulk of our shopping at the Grocery Warehouse and found the Nestle cookie dough in the big 3 packs for .99 cents each. They make 3 batches of 30 cookies for .33 cents!!! Woohoo! Pudding mixes (the big size) were .33 cents each and we got 8 of them. There were some incredible deals on cheese and we stocked up. Total spent today: $70

***ADDED:Stopped by the farm and picked up 3 gallons of milk for a total of $4.50

Goal:$200
    Spent:$168.50
    Left to spend: $31.50
    I can do this!!!!! My freezers are full, so is the fridge and the pantry. We have tons of food here and I am one very happy camper!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

holy COW debbie those WERE really great deals! I'm jealous!

I spent a lot of money today(okay in reality 7$ over what dh wanted me to spend)...not a frugal month this has been. My sister wanted me to make spinach dip and cherry cheese cake and sandwhiches. Luckily i had the stuff for the sandwhiches and SOME ingredients for the other two...I also had to buy the round bread for the dip as well....

Since we were shopping for those things I got some other groceries (cokes, eggs, produce)

total spent so far this weekend: 27$ (i don't think i used a single coupon for all the stuff we bought today either)
    Total spent so far this month: 208.21
    Goal WAS 175$ but i'm going way over that, oh well, guess i can make up for it in May.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Heather,
    You know something, I figure it evens out in the end. Some months I go over and other months I may only spend $70. I do an average at the end of the year and I come out at about $180. This year I'm expecting it to be about $200 a month since I have 3 ravenous teenaged boys, my construction worker husband who snacks constantly, one cat on a special diet and all the boys friends who come by and I feed on a regular basis.
    I just got most of my garden put in today (still need to buy tomato plants from our friends that own a plant nursery here in town). We have broccolli, lettuce, spinanch, Walla Walla sweet onions, zuchinni from seed in. Our strawberry bed is starting to grow again, the rhubbarb is ready now and the apple and the 2 cherry trees are looking good and in bloom. I found some garlic coming up and am wondering since if over-wintered if I need to dig it and divide the bulbs again. My goal is to do salad all summer long just from our garden!!! Our friend that owns the plant nursery had a huge strawberry bed down there and she doesn' t like to eat many of the berries, so she has us come and pick every few days when the plants are bearing. We have tons of berries still frozen from last year. This year I think I will make lots of jam with them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast