Clothing Challenge For April

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Talking Clothing Challenge For April

Ok girls it's here again
    I know it's not as fun to stick to this one, but for now I really need to buckle down at least till we pay off the credit card.

I did good for March, and managed to squeek by just under my budget of 50$.

This month I think I might set it higher.(mainly because carl needs socks and that runs at least 15$)

70$ for the three of us, shoes/accessories included. I'd be thrilled to keep it at 50$ but we'll see what happens.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok, I am a ditz, I had meant to post also what I've spent so far

From the garage sale and thrift store yesterday, brings us to:
    Goal 70$

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

spent 3.99 on socks for Ayla

Total now is at 15.25 (rounded up)
    I think I'm going to just set my goal back down to 50 though

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

guess i'm alone doing this challenge this month (sniff sniff)

I bought a pair of workout shorts lastnight, they were half off, so a total of 5$.

Brings my months total to:
    Goal 50$

I think I'm going to break down and get my new walking shoes today...I am so sick of wearing boots or flip flops everywhere I go

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Heather,
    I don't have a set budget for clothing. We will go months without having to buy anything and then everyone seems to need new jeans, socks, underwear, etc.. With 3 teenaged sons who grow like weeds, just trying to keep them in jeans is a job in itself. We were recently blessed by a good friend who gave us a bag full of clothing that their son had outgrown. We kept what we could use and passed on the rest to another friend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm so jealsous Debbie I am soo bad when it comes to clothes shopping, it's my big weakness

Like the exercise shorts I did not "need" But they will come in handy for the summer so they can match another sports bra top for jogging....I do have other black shorts but one got too big, then one I realized flys up when I jog so that is not good at all.

I have purple shorts (two different ones) grey shorts (at LEAST two pairs not counting my spandex grey shorts)
    and I can never have enough jeans or denim shorts either ...I wish this 'wanting' feeling would just leeeeave me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't have a budget for clothes either, I would love to be able to just buy, buy ,buy but I just can't make myself do it. Everynow and then I break down and buy something new, but usually it's because I really need it. I'll tell you what though, I will keep track of what I spend if it will help you Heather because I did buy some underwear and a bra today total was $12.28 and I also bought dh 2 new shirts and a pair of shorts and the first of the month to take to the Rod run, they where $42.99.

That makes my total for the month $55.27. Ouch!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi again Heather!
    I completely understand "wanting" to have new clothes, especially when the new styles come out. I used to love to shop for new clothes all the time. I finally took inventory of all that I had and realized that I don't "need" anything else at the moment. My jeans shorts last for years as do my jeans. I buy classic styles in dresses, so they look good for years on end. I have lots of shirts and am in the process of weeding the ones I don't wear that often out. My real weakness is sweaters though!!!! OMG!!! I grew up in Hawaii and always wanted to be able to wear lots of different sweaters but couldn't because of the heat there. I've gone a bit wild and now have 2 long shelves full of them. At last count there were over 40 in there. In my defense, I have been adding to this collection for 20 years and I buy most of them on sale, at yard sales or thrift stores. It's been over a year since I bought one (much to my husband's relief).
    I realized that I used to get a "rush" from buying new clothes. But that only lasts temporarily. I was trying to make myself feel better about "me". I finally decided to learn to be happy with myself and realized that I that "things" would never make happy. Maybe I'm just getting older and my priorities are changing. Maybe it's the realization that my body is "heading south" after having 3 kids (I'd scare people if I put on a pair of spandex workout shorts). HEHEHE!!!! Maybe it's the lack of money and knowing that my boys are outgrowing everything and NEED new clothes where as I do not. Anyways...hope you are not bored to tears with me yet!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Debbie, you never bore me!!!
    That is soooo cute/funny about your sweater collection!!!!

I totally know what you mean about that rush not lasting long after buying clothes too Like the last time I did a shopping spree for clothes I returned EVERYTHING by the end of the day/next day. Good for my budget bad for my feet (as it was all from many different stores, lmao what i riot i am)

~Angie, thanks for sharing your totals! It does make me feel not so lonely being the only one spending money on clothes now

Oh another sidetracked story about clothes...
    the other day i ran into goodwill to find a pair of overalls for AYla...came close, found a pretty courdoury dress overalls (like a light aqua marine color) I ALMOST spent the 3$ on it, till I saw a stain on the back, not a big or dark stain mind you, but none the less I ran and put it back on the rack and ran out of the store.

Sometimes it helps me to just browse through the racks. Then I'll see that I'm really not missing out on anything (if I don't see anything cute)

And sometimes it helps if I just talk about clothes

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love to look at clothes, but I am weird about what I wear. I think I just have a bad self image or something. I will see something I really like and the first thing I think is that it won't look right on me so I don't buy it.

But I will happily walk the mall all day looking

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

well i done gone and blew my goal

I did think my shoes had a lower price tag on it, and was shocked to hear the total, but dh keeps telling me he'd rather pay more for a pair that actually fits me and is comfy, than to keep paying little amounts for shoes i end up throwing out from being uncomfortable (like targets sneakers)

Oh wait i thought i had spent more, so i'm actually just over my orignial goal, that makes me feel better!
    Total spent for this month was about 71-72$$

(My shoes cost 43$ with tax, and I also paid 8.50 for a sweater a couple days ago)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Shoes are very important Heather..lol! Only a few more days a month will be over!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lol angie

I keep telling myself I won't shop for myself next month, then I hear this little voice saying in a whisper "but if it's two bucks, I can get it, ok, three bucks and I can get" lol...where is this voice coming from???

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hear that voice when I'm on Ebay...lol.