clothing challenge for may
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cool clothing challenge for may

I saw heather didnt start this yet so i thought i would..i went to a store and got a new pair of jeans for $6.29 and i did need them..i have one pair of jeans that i can wear..the rest either need repair (i can do if i make time) or just a little too tight..so these jeans came in handy..

and i resisted the urge to buy more items off the clearance rack..i told my self i need to got thru what i have before i would allow myself to buy anything else..but i knew i had to have the jeans..

so needless to say im happy and proud of myself

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good job grneygrl!!

I went out to Ross today and I had about 7$ in store credit. I ended up buying two things.

One was a 28$ Vanity Fair bra (but only cost 6.99)

Then the other was a tank top i had returned once before for feeling guilty about spending $ on it. Seeing it again made me realize I REALLY liked it! That tank top was 5.99

So with store credit and tax I ended up spending 8.66 total. I really needed a bra that was that color, I'm so happy!

My goal for this month is to only spend 40$ total. (give or take a buck)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

oh NO! This weekend I went out to the Mall twice with Carl and both times I completely forgot I was on a budget {hits forehead}

Although everything we got with the exception of some short shorts that dh REALLY wanted me to have, are things I reallY LOVE

I got a new pair of jeans that are a light blue instead dark blue like all my jeans are that I wear. So this is very refreshing
    cost? 35$ with tax ouch!

THEN we went to the mall to buy certain underwear for me. They are the only kind that fit right. Soooo I forgot again and ended up buying a clearanced shirt for 5$ and shorts for 15$ that dh just HAD to get me. They are cute, but dangit I'll need to workout a bit harder to make sure nothing rolls out wrong ROFL..
    The only pair of undies we did get cost 3$.

Sooo 35$ plus 25$ plus 8.66 = 68.66$
    My goal was 40$ (hides in shame)

At least I'm keeping track though, some months last year I would just spend and spend and spend and spend and spend

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ok, bringing up my totals another 10$, I got a 10 pack of socks.

now at 78.66.
    (way over my set budget)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok, up to 91.86 spent. I got dh his socks, and a pair of sandals for me. I did resist from buying another pair of jeans, even though it was only 6$.
    (total spent there, $13.30, and I used a .75 coupon on his socks, which were on sale too!)

We *will be returning a pair of shoes though,
    so that'll be 43$ back to us, so I guess I'll subtract it from this months spending when we do return it. That'll bring my total back down to something more decent

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Heather, you make me smile girl! I love the way you describe things.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Does anyone else find that when it gets closer to summer the clothes budget seems to magically be thrown out the window?Mine did big time,dh had a huge shopping spree at old navy(ok I kinda did too)I'm not even going to tell you how much we spent,but it was money saved up just for this purpose.

Oh and Lauren just got a huge bag of clothes from her friend so now that is left for this season is some shorts for bubba(can't go to disney for 11 days with 4 pairs of shorts now can he?)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Awww thanks Debbie!!

Amanda, I think I know what you mean
    I just bought yet ANOTHER clothing item. It's a mini skirt (has shorts under it attatched that you can't see from the outside, or else I wouldn't have bought it) It's a decent length though, not 'hoochie mama'ish at all

So now my total spent is up to 105.75 Course that's still not counting the return we will eventually make with my shoes! Darn those stinky shoes for being uneven! {pout}

oh but the COOL thing is I went in to target, pulled out like 12 shirts to try on ...not ONE of them I liked...nor did the jeans i tried on fit...SO what ended up happening? I found something already in the fitting room (that skirt) and fell in love with it! I wouldn't have found it otherwise!

And the bonus was that it was 5$ cheaper than the tag said! Whooohoooo!