2017 Grocery Budget Challenge
Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default 2017 Grocery Budget Challenge

What are your goals where your grocery budget is concerned? Do you have a budgeted amount each week or month? Do you include HBA, pet supplies, baby supplies, and food, or only a couple in this budgeted amount? How many people does this budgeted amount cover? Let's keep each other accountable!

My personal budget is $280 per month for 5 people (including the baby who has started eating table food) and almost everything is included. I am not counting the bulk buys I make from a co-op delivery company (I buy beans in a 25-lb. sack every five months, flour in a 10 or 20-lb. bag, etc.) as those are very sporadic. My budget is primarily for our monthly grocery and HBA expenses.
    Focus on getting ahead, one penny at a time! Keep the main thing the main thing!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I keep setting my budget at $250mo and almost always go over. I just tallied up 2016 and while I was down from '15 I was just a smidge higher than '14. My problem is I really don't try very hard so it's not much of a challenge is it?? I did a pretty good shopping trip today picking up what I thought we would need in the near future. I have every intention of keeping my expenses down to $25wk for the rest of the month. We'll see......

this is for food only, 3 adults.
    Terry

Jan grocery 129.57/275.00
    Jan coupon 1.00
    YTD grocery
    YTD coupon

New Recipe 1/24
    Items repurposed
    Twenty wishes 0/20

as of 1-11

Personal challenge, 5 A Day
    put away, throw away, give away
    at least 5 items a day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am doing $400. a month but will maybe lower it more as I eat from the stockpile almost exclusivly.DD moved out but I am sending food.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am in setting my food budget for $120. a month just for food for one.
    Cleaning supplies,bath products at $30.a month except the months i go to Sams will be more so at the end of year maybe it will all equal out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

In and hopefully will keep up with posting. Leaving at my $200 which will include everything except prescriptions. OTC is included. Not sure about pet included. Last I posted I left it out cause Sophie takes prescription special diet liver disease food at $3.06 a can ... $37 a case of 12 ...which lasts maybe a month. She's tiny. Frozen carrots and green beans are also pet so... we'll see if the $200 is plausible or not. Might have to up the $200 which would be easier to do than sit and figure out what is pet and what isn't. One reason I gave up on this last year. For January I'll leave at $200 and see come February

Having hard enough time at $50 a week for regular groceries/taxables. This is 2 of us plus the kid who doesn't eat here much. Have been hitting Swagbucks and My Points kinda heavy while doing other things and plan on using those gift cards at Walmart for groceries and prescriptions. I think it might pick up the slack for the prescription dog food which would be a huge help. Then there's lucy and she's canned too but not prescription. 3 cats that found us a couple 2 or 3 years ago. They're outside and dry food. Thank God.

I've done one grocery trip so far. Will dig out receipt and post maybe tomorrow.
    All this on top of going to try to rebuild stockpile on certain things in preparation of him possibly giving up the business without much profit. So need to make this work.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

1-4 spent $17.02 on food today
    1-4 spent $9.50 on house hold products (never got the right light bulbs so i am going return them
    1-4 spent $10.26 for gas to fill up car

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I try to stay within a SNAP, food stamp, budget for a single person. Most of the time I make it without any problems but I do go over from time to time when I need to replace some specialty items or a few indulgences at holiday time. I read the other day that the SNAP maximum for a single person in 2017 is increasing to $194.00/month or about $44.75/week. I will use that as my weekly target amount for 2017 for food, cleaning products, HBA, etc... My target will actually be lower than the SNAP amount because SNAP is limited to food.

So far this year I've spent $10.78.

I should be able to accumulate a little cushion during January if I make an effort to eat out of inventory and use up the odds and ends in my freezing compartment and pantry.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Because I shopped a big shop the 31st-zero so far. The new ad is awful. Typical January increase then sales at the last price type deals.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our existing budget is $250 dollars for every 2 weeks.
    We each buy our own food and I pick up the cat supplies,
    HBA, paper, laundry soap, etc.

My budget is $100.00 for groceries
    I buy groceries 1 x week
    $50.00 for HBA, paper, pet

dh also gets $100.00 per pay period
    He also buys groceries 1 x week

My vitamins, pen needles, alcohol swabs, sharps container,
    comes out of my meds budget $100.00 per pp
    My meds are set up on once a month payout and that
    is budgeted at $140.00. (total allowance $200 for the month)

So, this will be my first grocery shop for this year.
    I really want to learn to stay in the budget. Right now,
    I usually end up using money from my other budgeted
    expenses.
    EmilyD

Change/Piggy Bank Jar Challenge (I use it for my clothes allowance)
    All silver change into piggy for 1 year (Oct 2019) (Will turn in today 1/3)
    Household savings account $200.00 monthly, current bal. $900.00
    My savings: current bal. 10.00
    Pay extra on mortgage/loan/auto $50.00 @ monthly

Projects for 2020:
    # 1 New front porch
    Major declutter house
    Major declutter garage

2020 Stash Management
    2020 Frugal Challenge
    2020 House Purge / Declutter Challenge
    2020 Meal Planning Challenge
    2020 Grocery Budget Challenge $250.00 monthly

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm revamping our grocery budget this year. I am going to challenge myself to $300 a month, everything included except diapers and dog food. I was doing $400 and that I met almost everytime, even with bulk purchases.

This year I don't plan on doing any bulk purchases that I would need to stretch between months. The first 1/2 of the month I am looking at eating out the freezer, and that's it. No meat in. This summer we will butcher a few hens, and we will fish to feed our family besides whats in the freezer. Then I am banking on hubby bringing home deer. So i'm hoping to go all year without putting any meat in the freezer unless we harvest it ourself. We might have to get a box of chicken, and I will probably get specialty meats during the summer but that's only for eating then and there, not going in the freezer.

Going into 2017 I have a fully stocked pantry of home canned veggies and fruits to last until spring, and in the freezer we have bits and pieces of a 1/4 a cow, salmon, shrimp, turkey breast, prolly 30lbs of chicken, freshwater fish we caught, 2 deer, and probably some pork if I dig good enough.

So, here we go 2017. Please be good to me garden, please be good to me hubby with deer, and let's squash the grocery budget!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This week $34.46. I forgot my list today so that kept the total down. One free item and $4 in coupons used.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spent 10.39 this week at piggly. I actually spent more but had a $15 butterball voucher so only 10.39 outta the budget! Win!

$10.39/$300

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

spent nada so far. Going to the bread store tomorrow. I have a $50. credit from cashing points. Not sure if the bread store does CC's-ID think so.
    I need milk and chip dip and chips because DH ate all the special kind I got.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ok Bread store $20. And the Groc. was $87.which $17. was Dh bday cake and sm. goodies. I figure $50. on CC points so actual spend was $57. so far. I have Soooo much bread/buns/bagels etc. Dh leaves the 15th so then its just me to feed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Made a trip yesterday and spent $30 so $5 over what my target was. But if I can keep January at $140 I will be very happy. I bought milk, eggs, bread, hot dog and hamburger buns for the freezer, bananas, salad stuff, etc. I've been planning meals around what I have in the freezer and am actually freeing up some much needed space, that thing was stuffed.
    Terry

Jan grocery 129.57/275.00
    Jan coupon 1.00
    YTD grocery
    YTD coupon

New Recipe 1/24
    Items repurposed
    Twenty wishes 0/20

as of 1-11

Personal challenge, 5 A Day
    put away, throw away, give away
    at least 5 items a day