2018 Grocery Budget Challenge - Page 11
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Been a long time since I've been on here .. July???? Have gone WAY over each month but didnt realize how bad. Knew I was over some but not how bad till August. I finally totaled up a months worth. Since it was the end of the month I wasn't going to but something told me to total. My monthly so called budget has just about always been $250 with everything.... OTC, pet, paper, HBA and food. August came out to around $568 or maybe a couple bucks more. That won't work. I was floored. I kept better track for Sept and kept it at $231 or close and that included a pkg of batteries. But let me say it was hard. I've been so used to "assuming" since I was using coupons and doing mostly sales that I wasn't over by much. WRONG. What an eye opener. So in Sept I, for the first time in a LONG time, I actually stayed within budget set.

Going to try the $250 again for October. I have one receipt so far but will have to post when I dig it out. It was birthday cake/ice cream items for the kids birthday on the 1st.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Last night i figured up what i spend the last 9 month for groceries and hba came to $1,187.18 so i averaged it out was $131.91 some months was over few months under i am afraid the next 3 months may not be that close to $125.a month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ermadunk View Post
    Last night i figured up what i spend the last 9 month for groceries and hba came to $1,187.18 so i averaged it out was $131.91 some months was over few months under i am afraid the next 3 months may not be that close to $125.a month.
    I know I'm glad I finally totaled a whole month. I know it's been out of hand most of this year but had absolutely NO idea it was that far. I was floored. We're talking about ending the business either the end of this year or in the beginning of next year and I iwanted a real ballpark of grocery spending. I knew money wasn't going t o far and I"m the only one in the checkbook so.... Yeah.. it was me.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well Niko, at least now you are paying attention. Can you do some meal planning to get things back under control? I am glad the warmer weather is coming, a pot of soup and a loaf of bread can go a long way. I made a pan of bar cookies last night but now I'm out of walnuts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dlrcpa View Post
    Well Niko, at least now you are paying attention. Can you do some meal planning to get things back under control? I am glad the warmer weather is coming, a pot of soup and a loaf of bread can go a long way. I made a pan of bar cookies last night but now I'm out of walnuts.
    I could on the meal planning. I made a big pot of Panera potato soup over the weekend and we ate on it for a couple days and there's still some left and still good. Last night I fixed a lot of OL Italian chicken but I"m the only one who'll eat it. Go figure.
    I'm near certain my problem with the spending so much was "doing sales/coupons" and not a lot of coupons to boot. Mostly sales. While all stuff we use.. no waste there... I was chasing the deals out of hand. Example caught myself this week running up Publix BOGO's and good sales before they ended Wed night. Made my list and printed it out. Then I saw how long it was. BEFORE I would have just stopped on my way home and got the stuff on the list. I really looked it over and decided I was going to just drive on by and save the $50 or whatever cause they would be on sale again. I'm still going to buy what is needed and still going to add to the stockpile but going to be more selective about it.

The $50 would have been fine however there wasn't anything I needed... not at this time that couldn't wait. I do need a grocery trip but this wasn't what would have been on the list as needs. Hope that makes sense. Can't believe I was spending that much a month. There's only me and hubs and the kid eats out most of the time. I'm not utilizing coupons like I used to either.

Challenges
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

So... found my one receipt for so far this month. Like I said it's mostly all the kids birthday stuff. No regrets on this one. Couple regular grocery items.

First grocery spend of month was the 1st for $33.18. Coupons/sales $2.00.

Going to leave at the $250 for month as I know I'm going to have to get Sophies ( furbaby ) prescription food. It's $36 in itself but does about 5 weeks. Liver shunt is not cheap. But she's worth it. This will be one thing I will do a small stockpile before we sell the business whenever that is. I have a list going of stockpile items I want before that time comes. BUT I'm determined to do it out of budgeted money.

Challenges
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Stopped at orchard stand on the way home from our hike and bought apples, pears & sweet potatoes $24. Reasonable prices, will share some with brother and dad.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

10/8 went grocery shopping today since dd daughter was off work and could help me spent $77.79 done spent $114.41/ $125. i need set budget higher will start that next month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

10/14 Went grocery store today spent $11.30 so done over for this month by 71 cents. $125.71 And month not half gone will be using out freezer and pantry will have go store for few things.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Interesting phone call from grocery chain. Recently the owner of seafood company was convicted of mis-labeling seafood as being east coast crab when it was not. The grocery chain is issuing gift card refunds based on their records of us purchasing that brand over time. I have to send an email with my club card info and they are supposed to send gift cards. That will be interesting.

I placed a Target pantry order. Got a $5 egift card for ordering $15 of face creams & cleaners. That will be handy too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Found my Target $5 e-gift card and printed it. Only $22 left in grocery budget for the month - how did that happen? Lots of chicken in the freezer so better make some chicken soup I think. Free lunch at work Thursday so that will help! Can make do with PBJ and tuna salad some other days.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I haven't really needed anything from grocery store except milk and some fresh fruit so been making do with powder milk (do have can milk if needed )and can and frozen fruit to stay away from store i can never go in for one or two items.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spent $8 so $14 left in budget. Need to buy more milk to make a 2nd batch of rice pudding for a contest at work on Thursday. Everyone who competes gets a gift card from the company for entering. They used to only award 1st & 2nd place gift cards but changed recently so it's less competitive and more fun I guess.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

10/28 Went to grocery store this afternoon spent $ 29.65 brings my grocery and hba up to $155.36,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spent just under $14 at the store so stayed within budget. Got a few things I needed and some gr beef for chili and diced ham for split pea soup. So that is supper for a couple of days too.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast