2019 Grocery Budget Challenge - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/7 $56 of $175 spent. Part is a Target order for pantry staples.
    Niko your grocery bill may go down when you have more time available to plan & cook.
    I made crock pot soup Tuesday that used a package of chicken and a lot of leftovers. About 6 servings.
    Will make split pea w/ a frozen ham bone next week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/17 Spent $24.56 on groceries today done spent $109.57 so far spent $134.13 i am hoping i can make it until March without more spending on groceries.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=dlrcpa;4112546995]
    Niko your grocery bill may go down when you have more time available to plan & cook.

I hope so. Although considering it includes everything from food to pet food to over the counter meds and cleaning it probably isn't bad. But still need to cut it some

Still haven't totaled receipts. But not doing bad at all I believe. I did do about $30 in shopping for a woman the kid works with who hadn't eaten for 3 days and was getting sick. Understandably. She's broke. Her cars broke. I bought stuff and told the kid she'd better not mind cooking. 10lb potatoes, bag apples, 2 cans corn, box instant potatoes, box pancake mix, 2 boxes breakfast bars (free), big thing laundry detergent, bag rice, lg cooking oil, peanut butter, eggs, 2 boxes spaghetti noodles and 2 spaghetti sauces. 2 things hot dogs and 2 buns. Think more so yeah... but will count that in MY total as it was spent. Some was already here and out of my stockpile.

I'll try to get totaled up for month soon.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I really need to figure out how much I am spending on groceries... I feel embarrassed to admit it, but I don’t even know. I’m going to start tracking it and then figure out an appropriate budget based on what I’m currently spending and begin to curb it a bit.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Always good to have an idea. Inventory of the pantry for things that need to be used up also helps. I know I have things that should be used but it takes planning.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=NikoSan999;4112547523]
    Quote Originally Posted by dlrcpa View Post

I hope so. Although considering it includes everything from food to pet food to over the counter meds and cleaning it probably isn't bad. But still need to cut it some

Still haven't totaled receipts. But not doing bad at all I believe. I did do about $30 in shopping for a woman the kid works with who hadn't eaten for 3 days and was getting sick. Understandably. She's broke. Her cars broke. I bought stuff and told the kid she'd better not mind cooking. 10lb potatoes, bag apples, 2 cans corn, box instant potatoes, box pancake mix, 2 boxes breakfast bars (free), big thing laundry detergent, bag rice, lg cooking oil, peanut butter, eggs, 2 boxes spaghetti noodles and 2 spaghetti sauces. 2 things hot dogs and 2 buns. Think more so yeah... but will count that in MY total as it was spent. Some was already here and out of my stockpile.

I'll try to get totaled up for month soon.
    Finally made it back with totals for Feb unless I stop tonight which I'm not planning to but we know how that goes.
    So for Feb the total came to $200.62 which as I said above about $30 was to help that lady out that needed food and another $69/51 in pet stuff. The pet amount is no where near normal.
    So not counting those two things it would have been $101.11 which is fantastic. But I DO count them so going with $200.62.
    Really proud of myself.

Also had $74.84 in coupons, mark downs and general overall savings.

On to a new month and see if I can do it again to make up for some of the dumb months.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/28 I spent $134.13 i have been hitting the pantry and freezer hard one thing it been so rainy and cold i didn't want to get out and another i have been pinching pennies trying to save where i can.Going with $150.for March for Groceries and household products.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Way under for Feb, this is when I let hubby do the cooking while I am so busy with work. I have baked a few times so we did not skimp in the dessert department. I got a sack of dog food using a gift card and don't count that. Budget $175 for March. I'm making some inexpensive crock pot meals - pinto beans w/ ham tomorrow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ham and pinto beans sounds good....my husband doesn't like it so I don't cook it....I might make a ham and bean soup once a year for me and he eats Campbells chicken noodle soup....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/5 Spent $55.56 at walmart for groceries and hba.
    3/5 Spent $23.95 at cashsaver for groceries

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/16 Spent $ 26.07 at Cashsaver and $20.68 on groceries today.Have spent $126.26 so far this month on groceries and Hba.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spent about $35 today. Craving fresh fruit - apples and grapes. 4 cans of dog food should last a month since I just put a few TB w/ the dry food. Corned beef in crock pot today. More potatoes need to be used, so crock pot potato soup later in the week + shredded cheese. Got buttermilk - having discovered that buttermilk cake recipes come out so tasty......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3/31 Came out better on groceries and hba then i thought i would spent $126.26 still going with $150. for April when it get hot weather don't want to cook much.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've been doing weight watchers since the first of Feb and it's killing the budget. My go to snacks would be something I would bake and now nothing but fresh fruits. We do have the extra money so it's not too painful. I'll raise it to $400 for 3 adults food only.
    Terry

Jan grocery 129.57/275.00
    Jan coupon 1.00
    YTD grocery
    YTD coupon

New Recipe 1/24
    Items repurposed
    Twenty wishes 0/20

as of 1-11

Personal challenge, 5 A Day
    put away, throw away, give away
    at least 5 items a day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't want to know how much I spent!!! think I was in the store more then out of it. teen boys and spring break! at least there was a bunch of deals in all that.. and my freezer is full with variety of stuff. time for a pantry challenge.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast