2019 Grocery Budget Challenge - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

MaryinFL, I do the same thing. Look at freezer and pantry first. We have bread, bacon, and tomatoes, so there will be sandwiches. Burger and fish patties in the freezer, I just need buns. Frozen corn and leftover bbq pork sounds like a meal. Just need milk, sweetener, cat food, and a few other things this week. I really want a spinach salad and it is on sale, so I will get that.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hm, $160 budget for month, I already spent about $60 ($16 was for vitamins recommended by doctor). And was planning to place a Target order. This week's menu is mostly chicken. Got a large sack of potatoes to use.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I purchased a lot last month and will do the same as Mary. Let's see how low the supplies get. My guess is that it won't take long. Right now, some chicken and ribs are thawed. I may make chicken parm as we haven't had that in a long time.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I placed a Target pantry order today so definitely going over budget this month. Several items were too cheap to pass up though. 20-pack of batteries and my protein bars were rather pricey. Everything will be used. It is odd they won't ship certain things though - waxed paper for instance. Weird.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sunday looks like a grocery day. I see a lot of the school lunch items on sale - peanut butter and jelly for example. Definitely going to exceed the month's budget.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

$45 over grocery budget already....hope I can avoid the store next week. I do have some things in the freezer.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We are strictly fridge and freezer for the next 5 days. Not leaving anything in the fridge to rot, might as well throw money away. The freezer is full of leftovers and half-a-package-of this-n-that. The menu may look a little odd, but we won't waste anything.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree to the using of what's in the house. I'll try a couple new recipes and only need a couple things for them. Otherwise, it's time to defrost and come up with new ideas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

September off to good start as I have only bought a few "fill-in" items. Got $5 gift card at Target for getting my flu shot there and used it on a few groceries.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Half way through Sept and spent less than half of grocery budget. Bought a few pantry items on sale in addition to what I need to take to picnic, and meat for this week.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234