2019 Grocery Budget Challenge - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went to the organic market. The lady who gave me the GC was very generous - $50. I spent $15 on some vegs and a box of Swiss muesli. Used to really like that as a kid and I am excited to try it again. Would have gotten broccoli - but none there. I was surprised their selection of vegs was pretty limited. I also shopped at Safeway and got 20 cans of fruit & vegs for 50 cents each. Canned fruit never goes on sale like that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Made vegetable soup out of what I had on hand. Also made a pumpkin pie from pumpkin I had in the freezer. Only using what I have and buy what’s on sale and with coupons. I have been able to keep both veggie freezer and meat freezer filled. My pantry doesn’t look so good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I checked and straightened up pantry today need use up some things before adding much more unless i find a good bargain on something i use a lot of never got to freezer may do that tomorrow.Plan on making vegetable soup tomorrow.And washing a load of kitchen towels.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

10/26 When i was not on here i think i kept grocery spending down pretty much except for this month and one other month had company and went over i will have check back over papers but i think that is right.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by ermadunk View Post
    10/26 When i was not on here i think i kept grocery spending down pretty much except for this month and one other month had company and went over i will have check back over papers but i think that is right.
    I need correct another mistake i am not so sure that i kept spending down except for two months i can't find all recipes and on some months never put what i spent on groceries on paper where i was keeping up with bills.Will try do better for Nov.-Dec and year 2020.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Under budget for October. November decided to add $25 because of Thanksgiving - where & who undecided yet. Spent $20 and change on Nov 1, including vitamins for me. Found out I am slightly anemic. Eggs are good iron source so I'm planning to buy extra. Split peas also good, plan to make some soup this week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

11/3 Not setting a price for grocery budget for next two months going try keep it down but buy what i need by using what i have and not buying unless it is something i will eat or i know some one else will be here to eat it.I will try to keep up with the amount and post it.Good luck to everyone with keeping budget down with the rising prices here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by ermadunk View Post
    11/3 Not setting a price for grocery budget for next two months going try keep it down but buy what i need by using what i have and not buying unless it is something i will eat or i know some one else will be here to eat it.I will try to keep up with the amount and post it.Good luck to everyone with keeping budget down with the rising prices here.
    yes same here. always going for the better deals though. my winter csa is coming in now first delivery of 4 friday. got half price deals on halloween candy and chips. candy for xmas. chips for lunch. lots to use up and lots of other expenses at the moment.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Half way the through the month, just under half the budget spent. Got sale items today at one store, $25 well worth it. Pantry is pretty well stocked. I brought home more individual salad dressings from work and some microwave popcorn that was being given away.

I could do Thanksgiving very inexpensively if I could choose the menu but hubby is making all the choices so he gets to spend his own money. Store had 3 gallons of peanut oil $30 for those who have to deep-fry their turkey.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cutting the December food budget to $100 (maybe crazy). Only 2 people. I plan to use the rest of the GC ($35) from the organic market, have a good amount of food in the freezer and pantry. I can do baking inexpensively.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I surprised my self on grocery budget for Nov.$54.18 have been using from pantry and freezer done got a list started for Dec.so i may go over budget.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345