2019 No Spend Challenge - Page 11
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today Fri 28th no spend. Didn't leave house
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm planning on joining you guys for July. For necessities: I plan to reduce my grocery budget as I dig into the deep freeze, and plan to let my normal amazon subscribe and save order replenish household items and pet supplies.
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yesterday 29th no spend
    Today 30th spend

Welcome Viggie !!!

Edit to say I came in middle of the month. Goal 20 and siggy says 11. I more than made goal with adding in the beginning of the month so.... happy.

Leaving at goal of 20 for July.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

New month. Goal is 20 no spends.

Today July 1 Monday was a spend.

Challenges
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Made it through day 1! Auto payments went out for the mortage and gym membership though. I'll be evaluating each charge this month as they happen, which should help tighten up the budget. I have weightloss and fitness goals I'm working on too so the $10 for the gym still seems worth it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Tues 2nd no spend
    Today Wed 3rd no spend

Challenges
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by viggie View Post
    Made it through day 1! Auto payments went out for the mortage and gym membership though. I'll be evaluating each charge this month as they happen, which should help tighten up the budget. I have weightloss and fitness goals I'm working on too so the $10 for the gym still seems worth it.
    Viggie I don't think anyone.... not even when a lot of people posted on this thread.... counted bills as a spend. Your choice of course but bills are a fact of life

Challenges
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by NikoSan999 View Post
    Viggie I don't think anyone.... not even when a lot of people posted on this thread.... counted bills as a spend. Your choice of course but bills are a fact of life
    Thanks! I do get that. But some bills creep up in price over time and it's worth calling in to see if you can get them reduced. And some aren't exactly necessary or get less use over time...like a gym membership. So I just wanted to be thoughtful as they come in.

Like...on Tuesday I moved my cell phone to Spectrum to save me $45 a month! Plus they were able to reduce my other bill with them for internet by $15. Win-win!

Wednesday was no spend

Today I just picked up groceries. Spent half of my normal budget! And still got lots of fruit and veggies so I can keep doing juices and smoothies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Nice one Viggie!!!!!

Thurs 4th no spend
    Today Fri 5th no spend

Challenges
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Saturday 6th no spend
    Today Sunday 7th no spend

Near certain tomorrow is a spend. Have to go into town so might as well get needed groceries while there.

Challenges
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

1-5 no spend
    6 filled the propane tank so I could can outside instead of heating up the house and gassed up the car
    7 no spend

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Who else is ready to try again in August? I just finished reviewing my budget. I did good with avoiding unnecessary spending...but didn't come out ahead due to rescheduling 2 planned events. I put new flooring in my living-room early to take advantage of a Menard's special buy for laminate flooring. And my mom and I decided to take out "fall" water park vacation early so we can go ply in the outdoor section while it's open for the season.

This month will be better My end goal is to come out with extra savings that I can move into my money market account this month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am game for August. I really need a challenge because without one, I fail. Challenging myself is useless because I am guilty of impulse buying.

There used to be a thread for "Extra Money Earned", does anyone remember that? Not sure if it was in this group of money challenges,or somewhere else.
    It was fun to log and find ways to earn extra money that we could post. Some extra earnings were good to read about because they were things I had never thought of and tried.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011