2020 Grocery Budget Challenge - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hubs just HAD to go to Dollar General today and bound and determined to use the $5 off $25. Didn't need that much right now. Best I can say is they had the canisters big Coffee Mate for $5 on sale versus $5.75 regular plus they had one $1 digital. So got 3 for the stockpile and a few cans dog food for the not sick baby dog plus his soda/pop.

So $24.32 for groceries and it's only the 1st. Ugh
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

not great w grocery totals but stocked up at least.. teen boys endless pits. got half price dry cat food, two spatchcocked seasoned chickens marked down so into freezer..nice easy meals, marked down cupcakes. local bakery apple pie and cinnamon buns. did a cross border run for $1 deals kroger stuff. even w exchange way cheaper then here. taco shells, taco seasoning, lunch meat etc. usual stuff we use. cheese, frozen veggies. dh gets frozen stuff at costco there can't get here philly cheesesteaks etc for lunches. cheaper. up here bunch of bogo stuff. frozen fish etc. over the weeks fresh pasta bogo I freeze. all stuff for easy meals that the family will eat. may as well take advantage of the stock up deals from the different stores.

just can't seem to let freezer go down to bare! but does make

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

AND back to Dollar General he went again this evening. Out of bread and I needed taco corn shells for a huge batch of tacos I have in the freezer. So $9.18 added to grocery total. Of course he picked up 2 bags of chips. I have it updated in siggy and I think it's now at $33.55 for Feb.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Niko- I hope what you got some deals from dollar general. I think some things are a great buy there.
    Martha- You're in Canada, yes? Sounds like the prices in your area are higher than the US, although I'm not sure if there are other things that balance that out, such as healthcare or social services. I see price changes at the market on a daily basis. And it's definitely going up.

Sometimes I think of doing insta-cart delivery from the markets if there are good sales and the delivery is free. I did that twice now and honestly, I had to stretch a bit to meet the minimum purchase requirement. It might be cheaper for me to pick things up as I need them.

So far for February, I've spent $46. It's a leap year, so we have an extra day to account for....At my budget of $12/day, I'm a bit over that but by not spending today, I'll be on target.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/6 First shopping day this month spent $48.85 on few groceries and hba. Did get gas at the cheapest price in a long time $1.95.9 the last time it was that price my car was in garage it went back up about the time it was fixed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/8 Spent $20. at chicken city so total on groceries and hba is $68.85 and it only the 8th of month.
    ---

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Placed Target order, $35 to get free shipping but had $5 target GC and 44 cents "discount" (I guess from previous ordering) so saved over $5. Spent 25% of Feb budget so far. I pulled frozen turkey to thaw out & cook later in the week, that is going to last for a while.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/15 Went to DG and Cash Saver today Spent $24.28 dg and spent $35.97 ch on groceries and bath and body products.In all this month have spent $129.10.
    Goals for 2020
    1-No spend day
    2- No eating out days
    3-getting rid clutter
    4-menu
    5-stockpiling
    6-Grocery budget

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got a lot of the sale items for the pantry at one particular store today. Good I waited to Tuesday as the shelves are usually cleaned out Monday morning, but they were re-stocked today. $50 left in grocery budget, should be OK for the month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

$22 at grocery store Friday, $28 left in budget for next week, should be OK. I have several things in the freezer now.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/21 Went and voted early stop in walmart got few grocery items spent $19.46.
    Goals for 2020
    1-No spend day
    2- No eating out days
    3-getting rid clutter
    4-menu
    5-stockpiling
    6-Grocery budget

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spent $27 at the grocery - so $1 left in budget. Thinking about some stock-ups in March so need to look at that budget.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Looked at March budget - not pretty because of the dog's teeth cleaning. Maybe just wait and see how that turns out - they gave me a range in case extractions are needed, etc. This is the first time for him. I placed a stock-up dog food order so at least that's taken care of. Worry about people later....also make a list of weird pantry stuff to use up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2/27 Had my youngest dd stop at walmart pick up some groceries for me since she come over morning and afternoon to help with her sister came to $21.80

2/28 Had her pick up more groceries at another store came to $31.33 the reason i am buying more this month although my oldest dd has a feeding tube the Dr wants her try eat and some and she don't know what she can eat and keep it down so trying anything and everything.Last night she weighed 66lb with clothes on.
    Goals for 2020
    1-No spend day
    2- No eating out days
    3-getting rid clutter
    4-menu
    5-stockpiling
    6-Grocery budget

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm so sorry, I hope you can find something that works. Jello? Pudding? Apple sauce/juice? Right now calories are what matter I guess.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast