2020 Grocery Budget Challenge - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

that must be so hard.. what about boost or full fat yogurt, or milk shakes?

yes rujerro we are more expensive for some things but depends where you are .. like fruit and veg you can get cheap depending where you are and always lots of choice of fresh stuff. but like everywhere know your prices.

can't say haven't been in the stores all the time. dh is at library and getting bread and mandarins cuties or something similar for lunches and snacks. ds has a cold so needs healthy vit c. yesterday it was milk and creamo. just not as organized gave him two bags to drop in the food bank bin. ordered some gas pills , my kcups and a case of fancy feast for the cats from amazon. best prices and can't get gelusil brand in stores anymore here. think my budget is fine just grown w teens and want to take advantage of sales too. spent just under $100 the other day on all the basics for us. at else used up some things that have been sitting around the house.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Placed Target order $49. About $10 was for flu medicine (day & night) which hubby wanted on hand. He is so worked up about this Corona virus. He bought extra TP already. (The virus does not keep him from going to the grocery store every 2nd day.) I may need to teach him how to use handkerchiefs instead of Kleenex and rags instead of paper towels for cleaning. $9 was Olay for me. So really only $30 was regular food. Got 2 cans raspberry pie filling on clearance which I will use like jam on homemade bread.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

well spent about $150 today and yesterday...mostly to get stuff we needed like fruit and veggies.. seem to be in the store every other day. $30 for 48 kcups for dh.. granted a bunch of wants in there and get some extras like mayo, tomato sauce on sale. stuff we need a couple weeks. got my good gouda cheese too. was a couple of stores haven't been for over a year. got some meat ends and cheese ends from the deli. did order my kcups , 24 can of fancy feast and gas pills from amazon too for $100 at least it is 96 kcups for mine and cheapest place to get them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My husband is worried about the virus also....mostly cause I have no immune system....and, he still works and goes into hosptials and restaurants and is worried about bringing germs home....not much we can do about that since he has to work. I did go to the store yesterday and stocked up on wipes, clorex, lysol, etc. I had quite a few coupons so that helped.
    I am planning on staying home and only going out if I have to.....like to get the deals at Krogers on Friday and Saturday..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For Feb. Spent $201.69 i haven't spent any in March for grocery or hba.oldest dd insisted her sister take money the other day for some groceries and they thew recipe in trash wouldn't let me see it.I am still going with $175.for March
    Goals for 2020
    1-No spend day
    2- No eating out days
    3-getting rid clutter
    4-menu
    5-stockpiling
    6-Grocery budget

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spent $43 at the grocery today. I did get a couple of non-food things, 3 boxes kitchen matches and huge bottle of distilled white vinegar. Unfortunately no good meat mark-downs. My auxiliary pantry is pretty full, 2-3 extra boxes/cans of many things. I have 10 lbs flour, brown sugar & baking powder coming w/ the Target order. Bought 4 lb sugar today at store. Ordered yeast and cocoa powder from Amazon (cheaper). I still need to get extra saran and foil. I made cornbread mix and brownie mix in pint jars the other day, nice to have handy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just exceeded March grocery budget by $2. Got things like detergent so won't need more for several months. Might need some veg & dairy during the rest of the month but hoping it's very little. I do have frozen and canned vegs & powdered milk which is Ok for baking. Corned beef goes on sale TOMORROW so had to wait if I want that. I was hoping for meat mark-downs but they didn't have any. Well-stocked but people probably already grabbed the discount stuff.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234