2020 Grocery Budget Challenge - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The price of meat here is down to normal again this week, but who knows what the future will bring. I am still seeing limit signs here and there. Bookworm, I hope you're able to find some deals soon.

It has occurred to me that even people who had 6 months emergency funds saved up are going to be at the end of their rope next month.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have kept a budget mostly for planning purposes in retirement. I'm will go over budget again in the future, really trying to build up pantry. I organized storage space. The problem is even if I spent $$ build up months' worth of supply, I need to keep replenishing it to maintain inventory. So not going to "recoup" the extra expenditure due to not spending any time soon, possibly years. Also extra household and personal care stuff (light bulbs, detergent, toothpaste etc.)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have spent close to $400 and it's only mid-month. Some has been for dad and brother due to brother's laser surgery 6/30. He has another one next week, so taking more groceries. Some has been for stockpiling but not that much. Trying to figure out the new normal.
    I figured out how one grocery store rewards is working, you can get gas discount to grocery discount, I chose $2 off groceries this morning. My car's gas tank is tiny and uses regular unleaded, not premium. Target pricing still better than grocery store, I need to keep ordering pantry stuff from Target.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Total for July almost $530. Crazy for me. Still stocking up and not sure what to budget, guess I will play it by ear. Hubby bought day-to-day groceries this week since I was gone. My auxiliary pantry storage is not full yet (cans, boxes). Don't have time to think about this right now, maybe next week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Husband has been doing the shopping since March 5th.....I have no idea how much we have spent....I make a list and he either goes and shops or I have him do curb side pick up. He has gotten quite good with it all....at first I was getting lots of phone calls but now, he has it downpat. As for the total, I'm afraid to ask....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have figured it is basically on track. sometimes higher and some lower taking advantage of sales etc average $800 a month w pet food and household stuff.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Have not spent much this month but I am ready to start making some soups/stews to freeze. Will see if I can do it economically.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I did a big pick up order end of last month which was $300....now it's just milk and bread and maybe some fruit everyweek. I probably won't have to do another order till the end of month....so really, we aren't doing too bad....
    I can't wait to start making soups....I love soup....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345