October grocery challenge
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Arrow October grocery challenge

Well I blew it again for the month of Sept. I just wasn't in the mood to keep track of the receipts. I have to get back on track though and watch our expenses. With winter almost here, the expenses are going to be coming fast and furious, so watching the grocery $$ has to be done.

I'm setting my goal at $350.00. That is for 3 teens and 2 adults, pet food not included.

I am hoping dh gets a deer given to us or that he is able to get one himself.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am going to participate in the Oct. challenge......I also really blew it this last month and don't even want to know how badly I did blow it!!

I have a freezer full of meat and won't need to buy any this month which will really help. I do hope that there will be some good sales so I can stock up a bit!

My goal will be $300 for my family of 4 and 1 dog!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I came in just under my goal for Sept. (not going shopping til Friday- which is Oct.)

I'm going to increase my goal for Oct. as I need to restock some items, and get stuff ready for winter. I also need to start getting mixes ready for Christmas gifts and get started on holiday baking (Thanksgiving, Solstice, Christmas).

So, I'm setting my goal for $360 this month.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I came in under my goal in September :party:! I'm setting my goal at $250 and hope to go under that if at all possible. I'm going to try and use $30 of that to stock up on any good deals to get us through the winter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am setting mine at $250 for this month. I need to add to the pantry a bit this month and I would like to do a OAMC session this month so I am setting my amount a bit higher than I normally like to spend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I did well in Sept. but my budget is quite high compared to some others. I will set at $500. for 2 adults and 3 teenagers, plus 1 five year old for lunch twice a week. The pets I keep separate although I noticed that they only add up to about $15 a month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm new here and would love to participate. My goal is 300. That includes 2 adults, 2 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats and 2 ducks, paper goods. If Dh gets a deer processing wont be counted in my 300.00 . I used to be so good at this and really need to get back to it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rodmick - welcome to the challenge and to the village as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I need to try this again. I went way over my goal for last month. My goal for this month will be $300. More than my goal for last month but less than what I spent.

I'm planning on using some of the freezer items I've been stocking up on and fixing some easier less expensive meals.

This is for 2 adults, 1 DD and sometimes a college DS who needs a home cooked meal.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am setting my goal at $400. I am doing the Weight Watcher's diet, and doing that just seems almost impossible to get our grocery bill (which, also includes toiletries, etc) under $400. I'm not sure how badly I did in Sept. yet. I'm scared to look! lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I want to join! My goal is $350 - that will include eating out and all food items (no HBA, pet food, household, etc.). We have our fridge and freezer to restock, but I am a little gunshy about doing so just yet with hurricane season running thru Nov. 30th.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'll bite!

I didn't do so well for September. I think with Ds being home and all I need to just call it the way it is, and say I need to budget 350 a payday.

I used to be able to squeeze it at 200 a month but the last year or two the prices have gone up, we started low carbing it, and now ds moved home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'll try it! Usually, hubby and I spend about $90 every two weeks. So I will budget in $200 for the month, which includes 2 adults, 1 cat (food and litter) and toiletries too. We'll see how it goes.

Bright Blessings!
    Rawiya

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in again this month. My goal again is $350. That includes all pet food for 2 dogs and 1 cat. Plus food for 3 adults and 3 kids.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

im in again i did ok last month just didnt keep track but i really need to save money. i hired a lawyer and needed to get my car fixed (again )so i want to rebuild my savings account(not toally depleted) i also need to pay off sears for the new washer and dryer

so im gonna set my goal at 250.00 and any thing i save will be applied to the sears bill
    i did shopping to day and will count it towards oct

goal 250.00
    spent 29.22
    ----------------
    left 220.78

i spent 60.56 before coupons and store card savings and by
    total after was 29.22

some of my deals
    chuck lite tuna 3 for 1.00
    tp 3 for 1.00
    paper towels 3 for 1.00 ( we dont use that many)
    turkey .19 a pound (had tospend 25.00 min)

and this will be my one shopping tip of the week although i need to get veggies on monday but want to clean out the fridge

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast