January grocery challenge
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Exclamation January grocery challenge

Tomorrow is a new year, can't believe it. I'm going to keep very close track this year of our grocery spending.

For the month of January, my goal is $50. Don't be shocked thats all thats in the budget but my stockpile should keep me until the end of January.

Next....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our budget is set at $300.00 for groceries, paper products, cleaning, and h & b. I've not been staying in budget, for instance this month we went over by $46.00.

I want/need to keep it to the budgeted amount. Actually I'm hoping to go way under, then use the leftover amount for stockups. We have lots of items in the pantry and freezers so I should be able to do this.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can't even play this anymore - I can not keep Bruce out of the grocery store and I can not keep him on budget!! Last night he stopped to get cigarettes and milk and came home with steaks, Crab legs, 2 sara lee poundcakes, strawberries, whip cream and a bunch of other things!! Evidently he found one of the rockefeller's grocery lists!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am going to set our grocery budget for the month at $400.00. I am going to try to do some stockpiling to get us to where I feel we are comfortable.

This hopefully will feed 2 adults, 2 teens, 1 growing child, 1 cat, and 2 dogs.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I managed to add quite a bit to my depleted stockpile in December. $250 will be my goal for 2 adults, 1 pre-teen, 2 munchkins and 2 cats. I will include diapers, paper products and toiletries.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Kimmee~ I understand about the DH! My DH is why our budget ran over $46.00 last month! Ah men, ya gotta love 'em!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in again at $275! I came close to this in December, so I think it should be possible.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

$225 goal here. My goal is actually $250, but I have $25 in gc's from the health food store to use in Jan. My grocery budget includes food and drink items for the human members of the household only.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am going to keep better tabs on the gocery spending this year as well!! I am changing the way we do things here......I won't have my atm card or the checkbook with me so we are using cash only this year! I will budget $100 a week/$400 month for food, H&B and dog and cat food!

There is dh, dd (17), ds (11).....who can out eat all of us when he wants to and myself plus the cat and the dog!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My grocery goal for January will be $200. I need to put in a small co-op order and do a small Sam`s Club run. Other than that we will eat mostly from the pantry, I`ll just need fresh produce and I`ll buy any great loss leaders.

My goal for 2005 is $200. per month. I didn`t quite make it for 2004, I came in at $218.32 per month. I`ll just do the best that I can.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Okay, I'm in. I stopped participating a few months ago when we moved, but I'm back in.

I'm setting my goal for January at $250. This includes baby food, toiletries, paper products, and all other items I buy at ShopRite. I don't shop anywhere else for anything else.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm setting my goal at $400. This includes all food, pet food, toiletries, hba, any necessities, basically.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Blanche, we are doing the same, paying everything with cash rather than using the ATM card. I find when I have my card with me, I'll spend more than I budgeted for.

Good luck everyone. We can do this.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am in for January. I am going to say $300 for food, paper products, cleaning supplies.

I went to Walmart and the grocery store this morning. Will post the total spent in a little while. I am going to count todays through the 28 of January as Januarys total.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went to the grocery store today, so I am going to add this amount to January's challenge since it will be eaten the month of January.

Goal $400
    Spent $122.16

Remaining without going over $277.84

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast