September's grocery challenge
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Exclamation September's grocery challenge

I kept better track of my August groceries, however I didn't keep track of them all. I'm determined this month to do so. I need to see where the leaks are when it comes to groceries.

I'm going to set my goal at $400.00 this month because I want to do a major stockpiling. That is for 2 adults and 3 teens. Pet food not included.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i will join in to..

i will set for grocerys £200($348) for the month..that is steep just for 2 adults but i am not sure how much we spend on grocerys so i am going to be keeping tabs..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in. My usual goal is $400. For August, I've only spent $348, but we are completely out of meat, so I'm going to set September's goal at $400, but it'll be okay if I go to $452. Do we post to this thread every time we buy groceries?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm in this month, I REALLy need it! It's been a funny old month, plus I've just had a bit of a windfall and don't want any of it to go on groceries before I have chance to pay off debts and put into savings.

So I am setting my budget at £80 with an additional £20 for stockpiling. This is for two adults, for groceries and household. I've just bought animal supplies so that's not included.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am in. Setting goal for September at 300.00 pet food not included. This included HBA products and adding items to the stockpile. My goal is to add 4 more cases canned veggies to the stockpile plus cooking items such as sugar, flour, pasta and rice

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would like to participate also. However I really want to stockpile. I'm going to set my limit at 60$ a week plus an extra 100$ to stockpile. So lets see that would be $400.
    I need to start writting down every cent we spend also!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I also am in. I am setting mine at $350.00.
    I have went way over the last 2 months and I need to get on the ball.
    I am going to do the OAMC and see if I can get it to stay down that way.
    ( Pet foods not included ) Paper and [email protected] will be included
    Planning to stockpile all I can this month and next so Nov and Dec I can Christmas shop.

My major problem is right now I seem to run out of things I need and SO picks it up on way home and I forget to write it down.
    ( Need to get it so he doesn't stop at all )

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in!

I'm setting my goal at $400.00. This is for 2 adults and 2 kids and will include all food, HBA, and cleaning supplies.

We tend to be all over the place with our grocery budget so this will really help me stay on track.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'll join. My goal is $250cdn. for the month for 3 adults really (well, one teen). So far I spent $62 on food yesterday for this coming pay period.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in! Last month I went a bit over budget ($316 vs. $300), and haven't built much of a stockpile. In September I will try to do better with the same goal of $300 (for 2 adults).

My related goals are to continue building my price book, keeping better track of sales and working on the stockpile.

Valerie - to answer your question, I try to post after every time I do groceries (which is about once a week for me), before I forget. I also track my total spending in my signature. Some people also list what they bought and prices, which can also be helpful. But basically there are no "rules" so do whatever is most useful to you!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in, too! I did well last month but we had very little money to spend. I hope to stockpile some for the coming winter and our possible move in January. I'll keep my goal at $280 for 2 adults, all HBA, and pet food (3 dogs, 2 cats). Here we go! I went shopping today and spent $61

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm in. I'm going to make my spending goal $300 and that includes stockpiling, paper products(plan on using a lot less), restaurant meals, Starbucks, Ice Cream stops and etc... Basically, this is for all food. I think the $300 will make me focus on spending less and avoiding my convenient coffee stop at Starbucks. I'll just make it at home, or maybe I'll drink more tea. I've got tons of tea, somehow I have boxes and boxes of all flavors.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Okay, I went to the warehouse store, the health food store and the regular grocery store. I spent $169.16. A fair bit of that was some convenient junk for our camping trip this weekend (juice boxes, trail mix, deli meat for sandwiches, etc - and wine ).

With the exception of milk and fresh fruit, this should last us at least thru the 18th of the month. On the 9th, I'm placing a bulk foods order for organic flour, dry milk, oats, and some meats. (I know I said I was doing this in August, but it turned out that I wasn't available for the delivery). These items will last us 3-6 months, but will completely consume the rest of my budget for September.

I was also hoping to pick up discounted fruit to can for my stockpile. However, I'm now concerned about the gas needed to go to the fruit market ($3) when I may not even find something discounted. And then if I do find something, the high gas cost nullifies the economy of canning it myself.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Spent 47.19 today. Bought some extra chicken for stockpile and a few "extras" for sompany coming this weekend. Used 20.40 in coupons which made a couple items free or almost free so used them in stockpile also.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I spent £5.34 last night. we had to get some drinks to take to a barbeque we're going to tonight.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast