September Grocery Challenge
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default September Grocery Challenge

OK, rising prices and lousy coupons aside, let's try another grocery challenge!
    For September, I will budget $300. Ever the optimist, I haven't managed to stay under $300 the last two months, but I refuse to give up!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default GROCERY

I THINK I WILL GO WITH $300 FOR THE MONTH FOR FOOD ONLY FOR A FAMILY OF 5 AND 2 DOGS, 2 CATS, A BIRD, AND 11 RATS.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok I'd love to join this challenge!
    I'm not sure yet what my grocery budget will be for the month because I haven't made our budget yet but I should have a figure by tomorrow that I am DETERMINED! to stick to!
    Paula

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well I have been under the last 2 months. July budgeted $500. August budgeted $350.

I am pretty low on pantry and freezer foods so I will keep it at $350. Will include food, paper products, cleaning products, and birthday cakes.

This is for one adult 2 kids fulltime and 6 daycare kids during week 6am-5pm. And 2 birthday cakes!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Well, I can't go that low...

this month DH and I spent almost $400 in food and $200 at restaurants. So, I'll budget $400 for the groceries, which is what I spent last month, but I'll try and cook more so our restaurant bill goes down to $100. [Make haste slowly!]

The extra $100, pulled out in two $50 payments will go against the insane APR credit card directly, and I'll do it. If I let DH do it, he'll find something else to do with the money instead.

DH is NOT completely on board with the idea of going frugal, so I'm afraid this is going to be a long, slow journey. But trying to pull enough money out to eliminate one piece of our debt and save for the appliance at the same time out of a paycheck that is overcommitted should help him "get" it, don't you think?

Now if I could just find a way to pull another $1000 out of the ether....

Wish me luck!

Judi

btw, I went to 3 markets today and tried to do most of the shopping for the week. (I'll have to buy some basics next week.) But I'm going out of state tomorrow, which makes avoiding restaurants difficult! I can take snacks & water for the 3 hour drive, but I'll be expected to go out with my hosts (and pay my own way, I think) for dinner tomorrow, and breakfast & possibly lunch Saturday, all of which will make reducing the restaurant bill difficult! Suggestions welcome!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ok count me in too. I hope with the kids back in school my food bill will be less. I will go for 350.00 that is just for food .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Okay, I did good with $400. But I know I can do better. I got alot of stockpile things out of that. I'll go with $350 for Sept. This is for a family of 3, with one dog, and includes all food, HBA, paper products, dog food, and dog treats. Also possible kitty supplies, if we find one!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I did really good this month. But I have no meat stockpile. I'm going to go with $200 again and see what happens.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would also love to join. I'm budgeting $600 for a family of four and 2 elderly dogs. Dh is a diabetic, so I'm having a difficult time keeping costs down. Trying to limit all processed food out of his diet. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm going to be really brave for my first grocery challenge! I usually spend around $500 for a family of 4. I am determined to at least try for $350. I'm certain I go way overboard by making too many stops at WalMart and other marts for what strikes my fancy. I think I can do it!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Im going for 500 this month. 2 adults, 3 children... Trying to elminate processed foods for more fresh foods/meals. This includes diapers...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was right on target with my $250 last month, so I'll stick with that. It wiil include food for 3, dog food, paper, and stockpiling.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am in again for $600. My $600 is for food only for the four of us.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in again.

I had been doing a set amount per week times the number of Saturdays in a month. However, I have completely changed the way I shop, and I'm grabbing deals here and there on my home from work as the good deals pop up rather than mostly on Saturdays. This contradiction makes for messy bookkeeping. So I'm just going to go with a monthly total.

This month I'm taking the $340 total from last month and subtracting $25 for my new budget category called "Yard, Garden, and Home," leaving me $315 for "Grocery" for the whole month. Grocery will still include all food, health & beauty, paper products, cleaning, and cat food/litter. I'm dividing the month into 3 10-day periods of $105 each in order to keep myself on track.

Amount in budget: $315.00
    Total spent so far: $0.00
    Number 10-day periods left in month: 3
    Goal per period: $105.00

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm aiming for $225 for DD, DS, and me----groceries only. Pet foods and paper products come from a different line item in the budget.

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast