March 08 Grocery Challenge
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default March 08 Grocery Challenge

I think many of us are ready to kiss goodbye to our busted Feb challenge and start fresh for March.
    I think we also need to be a tad more realistic in how much we are actually spending with these new INSANE prices. I was trying for 300 last month and went just over 400. BUT, I had a half a hog in there at 105. SO, I am in for 350.00, which is realistic, but still will be a challenge. I count everything and I will soon need diapers and cat food.

350.00 How about you?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Food prices seem insane to me too. Even on my side of the world! I am trying for a no spend, but because I will still need fruit and veges I might put aside $40 over the month for that.

Did OAMC and all my food is in the freezer waiting for the coming month

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am going to keep my $250 even though we may have another mouth to feed half way through the month *lol* maybe 2 more by the end of the month although one will be BFing*G*.. we still have plenty in the freezer ect.

I need to ask my mom to bring somethings with her from MD from the Almish store when she comes even though i can almost guarentee she will not take payment for the food stuffs. Yeast is 1/8 the price there then it is here in the store. Spices are cheaper by huge Multiples. Anywho i am almost out of yeast and thats never good ( even though the oven in the new place is still a peice of crap which i am hoping they FIX)

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh geeze....well, I'm going to say $350.00 as I refuse to let my pantry dip below super full...this is getting harder by the month to keep up with the rising prices!!! I feel myself buying/stockpiling to hedge off the certain increases I keep seeing every week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck everyone, Katy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

During January and February I tried to limit my budget to $500. I have been stockpiling the sale items. Both months I went over. However, I went over less in February so I did make a fe improvements. So, long story short, I am trying once again for $500.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hiya,

This is the 1st time I joined the challenge, Now I like only go to the grocery store one time a month for everything we need, minus out bread cuz I get that weekly. I never buy milk, vegs and fruits at the grocery store. We live by a dairy so going there is cheaper. Also there a discount store in town that sell fresh market vegs and fruits at frams market prices or lower. My mom thinks I nuts to run around so much instead of buying everything at place....lol...
    So I'm budget $350 for March it might been a little more or less my son and I are leaving on the 30 of march for vaction as my 5yr old call it, when in reality of it We are going to Dayton Oh, to look after our cousin, while my mom and their parents go off on the real vaction to The Philippine!!!..lol...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi All,

I'm a long-time lurker and first-time challenge participant. I always go overboard with groceries (especially because I try to eat organic and natural), but I have a renewed motivation to be frugal (saving for a baby), so I'll join in at $375 this month.

I hope to participate here a lot more from now on!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am budgeting $500 for our family of 6. This also includes cat food, toilet paper ect. My goal is no soda and no junk food, and stick to my shopping list.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm also budgeting $500.00 for our family of 5. Four adults and one 7 year old. This also includes pet food for our two labs and cat and all medicine and household products.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

200$. That's for Wesley and I, health and b eauty items, diapers/wipes. Also, I am trying to stock up on my menu for Zac's welcome home cook-out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am in for $200. I have been under last few months and pantry is showing. I am using up what I have and soon need to restock. I think March will be restocking month for meat.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am going for 400.00 once again for March.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am going to try for 150.00 a month not counting dog and cat food. I am also not counting soap and hygiene supplies because I am fully stockpiled on those. That is for two of us and I do have a full pantry. I'll be watching the sale ads and couponing alot this month. Last month I spent 170.00 so I am going to try to go a bit under that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default march

I am going to try to eek out a $300 budget, I seem to blow that one, but I figured that if I can make $320 surely I can make $300--

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is the first grocery challenge I've ever participated in, but I really need to start cutting back. DH always laughs at me for coming on FV because he doesn't think I'm very frugal. I really haven't been lately. So......I'm in for $300. I'm hoping I can do better than that.

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast