The Crochet Corner
Page 1 of 47 123411 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default The Crochet Corner

Due to popular demand....we FV'ers are a popular bunch, y'know....we've decided to make the crochet-a-long thread started here https://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/...llow-ghan.html into an ongoing thread so we can enjoy the fun long after the pineapples are done! Grab your crochet hooks, your yarn or thread and your favorite patterns and let's enjoy our craft and each other's company!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm still working on my pineapples and looking forward to seeing what you're working on! I have a crochet technique afghan in my future...our local yarn shop is putting together a class where we make a different square each month to learn new techniques...I've been crocheting since I was little so I know a lot of it already but there are a couple of things I haven't done before....like tunisian, and the single-crochet entrelac....that should be fun

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Luckybustert, I envy you learning to crochet at an early age. I could kick myself for not taking advantage of the times my mom wanted to show me. I've been looking at crochet sites for learning how to crochet. I am on the very basic stitches right now, but would love to make a shawl for one of my daughters for Christmas. The pattern is simple but there are things I'm not sure of. I am determined though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jantana View Post
    Luckybustert, I envy you learning to crochet at an early age. I could kick myself for not taking advantage of the times my mom wanted to show me. I've been looking at crochet sites for learning how to crochet. I am on the very basic stitches right now, but would love to make a shawl for one of my daughters for Christmas. The pattern is simple but there are things I'm not sure of. I am determined though.
    Glad to see you here, Jan! Feel free to ask questions about things you're not sure on - we'll help you through it as best we can I know you'll do great on the shawl, and I'm looking forward to seeing a picture of it! What kind of yarn are you using, and what color?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great going LB!! Mahalo for getting this going!!

I am still crocheting the leis - need to get more rattail for different colors. Then I am going to make some pineapple squares out of the taupe yarn from my stash!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm here!

I'm still plodding along on the blue and green hospice afghan. The last week or so instead of crocheting while I listen to books I been sitting at the computer for hours, listening and pointlessly matching colored balls or blowing up little boxes. (Kicks self.) But I had been so intensively crocheting for a while I think I needed a break.

I did a little this morning, and maybe will be able to finish it up this week. When I do, I post photos of all the ones I have ready to deliver: the pineapples, the "Ocean" strips, the yellow and gold snapdragon blocks, the ugly one, and the "Banana Bay" strips I working on now.

I have new yarn coming, new books, and long to move on to new projects.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Luckybustert View Post
    Glad to see you here, Jan! Feel free to ask questions about things you're not sure on - we'll help you through it as best we can I know you'll do great on the shawl, and I'm looking forward to seeing a picture of it! What kind of yarn are you using, and what color?
    At the moment still practicing on basic stitches. When I feel a bit more confident. I AM going to try to make the shawl.

Thanks for the offer of helping.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, I just checked online tracking and the long awaited yarn that was marked up to be delivered Tuesday was delivered today, about 30 minutes after I left home (bad words!). It was marked as "delivered to addressee." It was NOT.

That means it is either:
    A. In the apartment office and I can get it Monday or
    B. Sitting on the sidewalk in front on my apartment, in which case I will probably get it.

I hate deliveries when I am not there to get it. But on the upside- the new yarn is here!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am still working on the doll baby blanket. I also started a skinny scarf, I'm about half done on both.

Would 28 be considered a young age for starting to crochet? I really like crocheting....it's fun.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks for getting us started LB! I am working on a an afghan for my best friend for Christmas. It will be off white, pale blue and chocolate brown. It will also take me a looong time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by dcompton View Post
    I hate deliveries when I am not there to get it. But on the upside- the new yarn is here!
    Hope you get it with no problems dc! Know what you mean about the deliveries.

Quote Originally Posted by dcompton View Post
    :
    I have new yarn coming, new books, and long to move on to new projects.
    Don't forget to take pics of the new yarn AND books........fun!! Are the books crochet books?

Quote Originally Posted by mauimagic View Post
    I am still crocheting the leis - need to get more rattail for different colors.
    MM------what is rattail???? Please explain/describe!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

MM - I agree! What is rattail?

FF - yes, crochet books, that I got from Amazon. One, despite appearances has turned out to be a dud (I'll pretend that was the free one in the buy 3/get 1 free deal), but the others have some patterns I really want to try out.

Unhappily, when I read the patterns, I see that some of those change colors every row. I've always avoided those because weaving in ends is definitely not the best part of crocheting. I guess I'll learn to live with it because I think these are worth doing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rattail is round ribbon ith a satin finish about 2-5 mm in diameter. If you check out my albums, you'll see the rattail there.

The honorees at the brunch today seemed to really like their leis - so that made me feel good. I made a lime green lei before I started catching up here - very fresh color!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by mauimagic View Post
    Rattail is round ribbon ith a satin finish about 2-5 mm in diameter. If you check out my albums, you'll see the rattail there.
    Oh yeah! Okay......I know what you mean. I probably just called it ribbon........or 'round ribbon'... I am not much on these technicalities!!

Went to JA's today........need I say more?? Got some yarn that was on sale........started an afghan so I would have something for my crochet group. Just got the Caron 'pounder'......... that should be able to take my 'frogging' abuse..........hope to make this.

SB300-003 Diamond Trellis

WOOHOO............it says BEGINNER FRIENDLY!!!

Got far enough that I have a question for BJ for tomorrow.......am at row 4, think it is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

FF - that's so pretty!! what color are you making it?

Page 1 of 47 123411 ... LastLast