2013 Crochet Corner - Page 11
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am itching to try one, however hard it looks. Reading her posts on her wreaths - she's made a number of others as well as the three in the photos - it sounds like the hardest part is sewing all the bits on. Of course, she also has an huge talent for design and color. I'm such a color junkie I am in love with all her things, but mine would probably not be quite so grand. I think I have a fair eye for design, but nothing like hers.

I may spend some time today looking for flower patterns. I have so many other things on tap, but this is eating at my brain.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Getting really cold here. I'm glad for the projects that cover my lap at the moment, although they don't quite reach my feet just yet. Although I think I need to pick up one or two more skeins of the wool yarn for my car blanket. Of course, getting to the local Michael's is going to be a bear in the next few days. It'll get a bit better once this weekend's over but the parking lot in that mall area is always annoying to deal with. I think I'll head over to either Joann's or AC Moore's. I may stop in at the new Hobby Lobby but I'm not convinced they'll have what I want. But I should take a look anyway. But that can wait a while with the other projects.

Speaking of wool blankets, I'm loving the blankets I made for myself the past couple of years. It's been cold the past few days and I'm usually very warm under the blankets.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

This past year I crocheted the bodies of about 20 gnomes and I was going to finish them For Christmas gifts......looks like it is going to be for Christmas next year! Think I will gather all I need so I can finish them up this December

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Been cold and snowy the past couple of days. So I've been working on my wool blanket since it covers my lap and is warm. I may go to one of my other long projects to save the wool one for January and February when the temps are more likely to be colder than they are now. That and work on the two shorter projects to get them long enough to cover my lap.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finished off a laprug today. That'll be donated to my local church's prayer shawl ministry. That's a project I keep in my car for times when I'm waiting around for something (like for a movie). I started another laprug, this one will be in wool. I don't know if I'll give that to my mother for the family room since it can get cold in there or donate it to the church or another charity. I normally don't work in wool because wool is generally more expensive (although regular acrylic yarn isn't cheap any more). And acrylic is generally better to work with since it's easier to clean. But I have some wool yarn that I need to use up but not enough to make a full blanket.

Spent most of the day at home yesterday since it was snowing. So I got some work done on my wool blanket (not the laprug I just mentioned) and one of the blankets I'm making for a friend. The one I'm making for a friend is still really short and doesn't cover my lap yet. But today's a bit warmer so it should be as bad.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So I haven't been around in this thread before, but have been crocheting up a storm lately:

These are Christmas presents for my step daughter:

And then I found my thread when I was moving...

Thanks for looking!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh gosh janal, you do BEAUTIFUL work!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the doilies!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Amazing work, janal.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks! Of the doilies, the two variegated ones and the peach one are patterns available for free online, so if anyone else does thread and is interested in links, let me know.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

In further exciting news, I accidentally sold a few of my doilies, which is kind of exciting. I've been sending picture messages of the finished ones to my Mom, who showed them to my aunt, who wants to buy a few. I told her that she could just have them (I don't really like doilies for decor all that much, but I really enjoy making them), but she wants them for gifts, so we decided that it was fair to pay for them.

I'm just flattered that someone thinks my stuff is good enough to gift to someone else, and good enough to want to pay for it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's cool to hear. Of course, you're probably going to be getting a lot more requests for your doilies now. :grin: I generally give my blankets away. Some are gifts to friends, some go to my mother's church ladies group.

Been warm in my area the past couple of days so I've been focusing on my shorter afgans which barely cover my lap if at all. This way I'll have something warm to cover my legs when the temps get back to normal for this time of year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So I've been pretty sick, and the doctor pretty much ordered me to rest, so lots of laying on the couch and crocheting time for the past week or so.

This is wrapped up under our tree for my stepdaughter to open tonight. It's a doily pattern done with three strands of yarn and a huge hook to make a rug. It's about 3 feet in diameter.

Have done a bunch more doilies - working on some larger ones.

This one is quite large - about 18 inches or so in diameter:

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Beautiful!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree - these are beautiful. And feel better.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011