Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

2013  Crochet Corner-crochet-001.jpg

Made this today from some scrap yarn, using this pattern:

HiddenDaisyy: Bow Headband Earwarmer

Will go in the gift closet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Goals? DESTASHING - big time. I'll be tracking that over the hobby supplies challenge. My stash is beyond reasonable. There's always another color, or the old "I would like to make it in this color, but I don't have enough, so I'll get some more" - never mind that there are 40 other nice colors in the cabinets. At the end of last year, I opened the floodgates and filled up the real and imaginary holes in the stash. I bought some new colors I've been wanting and laid in a better supply of the workhorses I use over and over. Because as of Jan. 1 - Cold Turkey. No New Yarn. Until November. I'll let myself fill the biggest holes in the Christmas sales, but I'm going to try my best to not buy yarn until then.

Projects - I make almost exclusively lapghans for various charities. I finished up three over my extended Christmas vacation, and two more started. Oh, and a scrap granny square that I'll keep plugging away on.

I pretty much dropped out of this thread last fall, but I'm back. I get pics up soon of what I did over Christmas.

For my part, knitters are quite welcome!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Very cute sunshine! Great gift.

Good to see you dc. Gotta find that craft use it up challenge too!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by knit4fun View Post
    wow vintage knitting machine....cool your scrap color choices are beautiful
    Actually those hats are not scrap.
    Those yarns are variegated or ombre colors. I like working with those the best. You never know what you are going to get and no two are ever the same

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finished a quick neck wrap this week....................had a little "incentive" since we haven't been ABOVE freezing since end of Dec............and I needed a new color.

A quick one evening project..............but anything helps. Besides............it was either that or eat BUTTERED POPCORN!!! (can't do both since my p.c. drips with butter!!!)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i do love crocheting, but my job and crocheting are hard on my hands. i have to stay away from smaller hoooks now, no more filet crochet for me. i have been thinking about getting an ergonomic hook holder thingy.

i've been steadily working on my 4 colour spiral. winter is a good time to work on a blanket because it keeps you toasty warm.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i started to make leg warmers before christmas for myself...but i'm not sure they are turning out how i was picturing. i'm considering unravelling what i have done and keeping the yarn for something else.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dinah - I don't know if I already said this, but a spiral afghan is definitely on my to do list this year. I can't wait to see a pic of yours. What colors are you using?

FF - know what you mean. A great reason to crochet is to keep the hands busy and out of the snacks. Reading can be the kiss of death for me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FF - I know what you mean. I love my alpaca afgan and my two wool afgans because they're really warm. It definitely feels like winter this year. (Unlike last year when it was springlike... in January.)

I'm almost done with the brown afgan that I may give a friend if she likes it. Then it's on to the Harlequin afgan since that one's got enough done on it to keep my lap warm. It's not long enough to reach my feet yet but it's longer than the rose garden one that I only just started.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am still working on dish clothes and trying to finish up an afgan for Mom would like to learn more crocheting this year as in the fancier stitches

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My last three lapghans, headed for hospice. I made these while I was off over Christmas and New Year's.

This was made to use up a difficult green - RH Classic artichoke. It doesn't really do with other greens I have. It's not quite as washed out looking as in this photo, but I'm still not very happy with it. Unfortunately, I have some of the green yarn left. Maybe next time I'll come up with a better color scheme.
    Name:  Artichoke.JPG
Views: 52
Size:  64.2 KB

This is made with Caron One Pound. I'm not fond of red white and blue together, but I wasn't keen on anything else I was using with the dark blue. I wish there was more color selection in that brand.
    Name:  Red White Blue.JPG
Views: 46
Size:  65.0 KB

I really like this one. The orange on the outside is what I was trying to use up. It's RH Classic tangerine, that I found a difficult shade of orange to use, but it looked good next to the red. I first had it next to the lighter orange, and it turned that a more brownish gold so I had to rearrange the planned color sequence.
    Name:  Rainbow.JPG
Views: 41
Size:  66.1 KB

I'm almost finished with the next one - only a couple of rows to go. I LOVE round ripples, and since they are donated and all go to different people, it doesn't matter if I use the pattern over and over. Of the round ripples, this one is my favorite pattern, a 14 point.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I really like that round ripple pattern. As for me, wait time yesterdzy made it so I finished one + dishcloths. Just trying to use it up.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Love the pictures, enthusiasm and ideas! Have been doing a lot of coasters for swaps. Since DMIL has given me all her yarns, I have more varieties to play with! I am blessed. Now I have to find those gnomes I was crocheting last year and stashed safely away someplace on Maui. It is going to be a gnome Christmas this year!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks dcomp............for the pics. I like the first one............and of course, you know I will say this..........looks like that green might go with peach...

I like peach and 'the right' color of green.........but my monitor tends to screw up the green colors..........have learned that the hard way!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I hadn't though of peach with it, but I don't think it would look very good. It doesn't seem like the right type of green. But since I have some left, I'll consider that when I come to it again.

I don't know if I told you about my "stick game" here. I have all my yarns written on craft sticks and draw one for a new project, at least I will most of the time. The first three I randomly picked resulted in these three lapghans. They treated me badly. The green and orange were difficult colors I've been avoiding, and the Caron One Pound Midnight Blue is a nice color, I just didn't know what to do with it.

Now, though, I'm abandoning the evil sticks for a while. I have some odd things I want to use up and get out of the stash. A couple of Caron Simply Soft colors (which of course don't go with each other) and a Herrshner's yarn. I've started another RR with the Simply Soft baby brights, but I'm going to set it aside and try a two color spiral next with Pound of Love creamsicle and bubblegum.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast