2013 Crochet Corner - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frugalfranny View Post
    I like it DC! And it looks big...............and NO TOE HOLES!! LOL

Is this one for you............or a gift?
    Thanks FF! This one is just for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dinah View Post
    so, are you guys on ravelry? i am - username dinah. i puffy heart love ravelry...but there's not enough crochet on it!
    I am! I am under...ouroldhomestead....feel free to add me!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Finished a hanging towel today for the kitchen. It is the kind that has a button to tie to the stove handle. It is this pattern. Tales and Yarns by Laurie Laliberte: You've Waited So Patiently: Free Crochet Pattern It is a free pattern for those who might like to make one.

Here is what it looks like.
    http://media-cache-ec2.pinterest.com...9b2bde03d6.jpg

Just have to add the button. I did make some modifications as it was beginning to be too long...so I cut out about 20 rows. It is still a little long in my opinion but it will work. Now making some dishcloths to match.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I crochet (and knit) for a charity and right now I'm finishing up a baby blanket . I love stitchery and since I'm older (71) I have lots of free time to do both !!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mahalo Debbie - lovel that dish towel - will be perfect for DH's relatives next year!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just finished off a lapgan for the prayer ministry for a local church. I've been working on that for the better part of a year since it was a car project. Now to wash it and deliver it to the church. Started another one since I like having something to do while waiting for movie. And I'm using up stash skeins. Right now I have some of my stash still in bags due to my bins being over full. This will get rid of one of those bags when I finish the second skein.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I realized I love my wool blankets for being so warm, I've decided to make one to stash in the trunk of my car in case of breakdowns.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cute towel DC.........like the pattern. WTG!
    I don't have anything to 'hang it over' so can't use those.........darn, as I like them.

Quote Originally Posted by renmerc446 View Post
    I realized I love my wool blankets for being so warm, .
    I have had a total change of heart about wool in the last year and a half or so..............love wool blankets--sewed one--still working on number two---and have been wearing wool sweaters all winter..........love them. Like working with wool in felting too and even have a wool hat that I can tolerate.........used to think ALL WOOL was so scratchy.............not so, once I learned about it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by frugalfranny View Post
    I have had a total change of heart about wool in the last year and a half or so..............love wool blankets--sewed one--still working on number two---and have been wearing wool sweaters all winter..........love them. Like working with wool in felting too and even have a wool hat that I can tolerate.........used to think ALL WOOL was so scratchy.............not so, once I learned about it.
    How scratchy the wool is probably depends on how much lanolin is left in the wool after processing. I knew someone who had the same problem. The wonderful thing is that I think there's a growing number of places to buy wool from local suppliers. I'm learning more and more about local farms and yarn events but the internet helps as well. Just have to know where to go and what to look form

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by renmerc446 View Post
    How scratchy the wool is probably depends on how much lanolin is left in the wool after processing.
    The main part of the 'scratchy thing' is the type of wool it is.............what sheep it comes from...........have learned a lot about wool from reading some
    great felting books. Love the Shetland wool for felting..........but it remains scratchy at any time..........and darn warm!! The trick is to use it for the
    'top layer' and put something else next to the skin..........all of it is just plain fun to play with!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Almost finished with one of the blankets I'm making for myself. Of course, it's getting warmer so it's probably not going to be necessary for this winter. But I think I'm going to get rid of one of my older acrylic blankets that I fudged together when I realized I didn't have enough yarn and the store no longer sold the color I needed. I'm sure a homeless shelter can use it. The blanket does look ok. But it's obvious that I had two different colors. At least I was able to 'trim' it in black. Then onto the next blanket, another one for myself. Then I need to decide if I'm going to make one to donate (this would be a stash-buster) or the wool one I want to put in my car trunk.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i haven't done any crocheting in weeks. my hands have been so sore just from work that i'm contemplating giving up crocheting for a while.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by dinah View Post
    i haven't done any crocheting in weeks. my hands have been so sore just from work that i'm contemplating giving up crocheting for a while.
    Sorry to hear about your hands. Well, the yarn will be there when you're ready to pick it back up again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry to hear about your hands Dinah............hope you are able to get back to it soon.

I have only finished a couple of neck wraps, and might be able to wear one this week since we are getting "even more wind".........UGH. I do like the neck wraps better than the scarves so will continue with those.

I am not real fond of one.........the way the yarn "striped" but oh well. Have to dig some buttons out of my stash for the last one, then it is done.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sorry to hear about your hands Dinah.

Been working on dishcloths and now a baby blanket. FF, I love cowls, wraps now so much better than scarves too. We are expecting a blizzard tonight! Might need to make some more.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie-cat View Post
    We are expecting a blizzard tonight! Might need to make some more.
    And get into those fleece pants!! That is all I live in during the winter time...........those and my 'new to me' wool sweaters!!

Was reading and heard on the news about the storm hitting your state....... We have one coming in tomorrow PM...... a drencher they said! Guess it could go your way with the right air current.............DUCK!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast