2013 Crochet Corner
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default 2013 Crochet Corner

I hope it's not too early to start the 2013 Crochet thread.

I've kinda been off the Crochet Wagon but I want to get back on! What does everyone have planned for 2013?

I want to:

1. DESTASH - hah! This is always ongoing for me. There is always new stuff I am buying. But it needs to stop! I am running out of room and I know that I have good stuff...I just can never seem to find anything when I need it.

2. FINISH MY MOM'S BLANKET - My Mom asked me to make her a blanket...and I started one...and I never finished it.

3. FINISH MY SCRAP BLANKET - I have an awesome, awesome, awesome scrap blanket that I made but haven't used because it has about 4,000 ends to weave in. I need to get weaving!

4. FINISH SECOND SCRAP BLANKET - I have another scrap blanket on the go that needs finishing.

5. FINISH 4-COLOUR SPIRAL BLANKET - I need to be persisent on this and make sure that I finish it!

6. MAKE A PIECE OF CLOTHING - I've always wanted to make a sweater! I need to make a sweater!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Love this! I want to do some crocheting also this year but I am a little limited. My job is very stressful on my hands so I have struggled getting back into crocheting. I am thinking some small projects like scarfs and pot holders would be good!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have some projects for the grand daughters in mind, and a lightening bold scrap afghan I need to make to destash some of my scraps. . .

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope to get a couple of new things done this year............small things..........and a couple of things FINISHED that have been sitting around FOR A YEAR!!!

I have been more into sewing for last few months than crocheting,........even sewing in the evenings......so that is good too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm still trying to build a stash, that said, I do have a granny square afghan that I have been working on off and on for a while that I need to finish. Then I will probably start another one, maybe even before and have two projects I can switch back and forth on when I get bored with one.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My homesteading skill for the month of January is going to be crocheting. I can only do things that are square right now....so....I haven't quite decided if I am going to improve upon my skill and learn something different or make something with my limited abilities...but I will be doing something!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by hotprincesscm View Post
    My homesteading skill for the month of January is going to be crocheting. I can only do things that are square right now....so....I haven't quite decided if I am going to improve upon my skill and learn something different or make something with my limited abilities...but I will be doing something!
    Scarves and basic afgans are good starters for people just learning how to crochet. Have you checked out your local library (or even yarn store) for knitting/crocheting groups? Your local yarn store should also have classes to help you learn new stitches.

Me - I've been very bad the past couple of weeks. I ended up getting a whole bunch of yarn when I should be working on getting rid of my current stash. Then again, all the yarn I bought is going to go to one afgan since the skeins are only 4 oz a skein. So I need double the amount of skeins I'd normally need for a full sized afgan. Then again, this is for myself. I have a couple of older afgans I've grown tired of the colors and so I'm replacing them. (The old ones will probably go to either a church or clothes recycling bin since they're pretty much in good shape still.)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Does this corner have any knitters? I'm a sock addict...always got a pair on the sticks. Plan to make 3 pairs of socks and 6 scarves in 2013

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by knit4fun View Post
    Does this corner have any knitters? I'm a sock addict...always got a pair on the sticks. Plan to make 3 pairs of socks and 6 scarves in 2013
    I am a serious knitter, but I do my main work on a older vintage 40 yr old machine. I really like to knit hats. This past week, I have made 3 doggie blankets. I am trying to come up with a pattern I like. Using up scrap yarn and odd colors. Socks are not yet something I make, but I did buy one of those loom type things to give it a whirl. Round needles and 4 needle work challenge me to no end. I won't do them. I like simple and easy.
    I do several craft shows in the fall.
    2013  Crochet Corner-fmhats.jpg
    2013  Crochet Corner-strawberry1.jpg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I also knit -- lots of hats for chemo patients and the rez, and Balboa's babies. . . . dishcloths for friends/family or the local homeless shelter, dresses for my grand daughters, etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm knitting a pair of socks that must be finished by Thursday so my dh can give them to his doctor. Have about 4 more inches to the toe. My knitting group will be here on Wednesday. I'll try to knit and talk. lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

One of my goals for 2013 is to learn to crochet more then a chain stictch.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by ladytoysdream View Post
    but I do my main work on a older vintage 40 yr old machine. I really like to knit hats Using up scrap yarn and odd colors.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fmhats.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	24579
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$strawberry1.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	24580
    wow vintage knitting machine....cool
    your scrap color choices are beautiful

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am in. I have quite a bit I would like to crochet this year.....the most pressing is an afghan that needs to be completed! Then onto many other projects for gifts. Hopefully this will help to deplete the stash!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think I'm on my last skein on an afgan I think I'll give to a friend. If she doesn't like it, I'll donate it to the group we're a part of.

Once that's done, I've got two afgans that are just for me, rather than to give away. I do have a third started that I'm going to make for my parents. I frogged it all the way to the beginning because I'm used to doing double/twin sized afgans and this one needed to be larger since it's for my parents. Now that I've started it, I think I need some more yarn. (I'm trying to get rid of the stash I have over at my parents place.) Fortunately, that's the only yarn I need to get more of. The rest of the stash there can be used up for lapgans or scarves.

Downside is, I haven't done anything to reduce my current home stash. lol - I've been trying to reduce it. But I keep finding yarn (the alpaca and the rose garden verigated) that I really like and buying it.

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast