Anyone Have a Crocheted Hat Pattern to Share?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Anyone Have a Crocheted Hat Pattern to Share?

This year, I've been making items to send to my favorite charity in Appalachia. I have a knitted hat pattern that I really like, but it takes longer to make than it would if I were crocheting a hat. I have searched the free crochet patterns online, but I haven't found one that looks very nice. Would anyone else have a crocheted hat pattern that they could share with me? Thanks

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I made some hats for a friend last winter, but can't remember what pattern I used. This one on Red Heart looks like a very straightforward hat that would be very quick to make (picture it without wild stripes):

Got Spirit Hat Crochet Pattern | Red Heart

Are you a member of Ravelry? If not, it's a great site. Sign up for free and you can search for patterns. On a hat search you can then refine it by free or not, crochet, weight of yarn, etc. People post finished projects so you will probably be able to see a fair number made with the pattern.

Also, you could try the forum crochetville.org. Join and ask members for hat suggestions. There are a lot of people there who make hats for charity and they would be happy to help you. There's also a charity crochet along on the forum where once a month for six days a group of us crochets for charity. We'd love to have you drop in!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Have you tried Youtube? sometimes they have some free patterns along with their vids.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by dcompton View Post
    I made some hats for a friend last winter, but can't remember what pattern I used. This one on Red Heart looks like a very straightforward hat that would be very quick to make (picture it without wild stripes):

Got Spirit Hat Crochet Pattern | Red Heart

Are you a member of Ravelry? If not, it's a great site. Sign up for free and you can search for patterns. On a hat search you can then refine it by free or not, crochet, weight of yarn, etc. People post finished projects so you will probably be able to see a fair number made with the pattern.

Also, you could try the forum crochetville.org. Join and ask members for hat suggestions. There are a lot of people there who make hats for charity and they would be happy to help you. There's also a charity crochet along on the forum where once a month for six days a group of us crochets for charity. We'd love to have you drop in!
    Thanks so much for the link. That pattern is about what I was looking for - something simple & quick. I will check out the other sites

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Actually the forum is not a .org, but a .com. Here's the actual link. Crochetville

The link for Ravelry is http://www.ravelry.com/

It's an amazing source for free patterns, and all kinds of other information too. I just saved myself a bunch of money. There was some crochet thread I was drooling over that I only found at two places - one with good prices and awful shipping, and one with decent shipping and high prices. I decided to check it out on Ravelry, searching for it under the yarn tab, and there was one comment. Someone said that it was listed as size 10, but crocheted like a size 5. I went back and checked the hook recommendation, and that was right. That wasn't at all what I wanted. So it's a goldmine of usefulness in every way.