2014 Crochet Corner - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finished the wool blanket for my car and now working on the chunky blanket.The yarn's going fast since the skeins are sold by weight and I don't get a lot from these skeins. I'll have to take a look to see if there's more at the store which I think there is. I have one more blanket in the queue before I start breaking out the stash. I think I'll start another wool blanket (picked up some that are still in the bags 'cause it didn't fit in with the rest of the stash). I think I'll give that to a friend who does historical re-enactments if I can find a way to get ahold of him once I'm done...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Picked up some more wool from the living history farm. Don't know who I'm going to give the scarves to yet but I will be seeing some friends over the next couple of weekends.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Looks like everyone's abandoned the crocheting for gardening with the warm weather.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yay - my chunky afgan is almost done. One more skein to do so it should be done by this weekend. I could've just ended it without that last skein but it's the last one of the yarn. So I might as well as use it since I don't have any other yarn of the same weight. I have one more project that's already started. I think I like that color better than the chunky afgan, now that I've looked at it again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finished my chunky afgan and started a new one, instead of picking up the one that was in my queue. Then again, this new afgan is both a gift for a friend (and it sounds like she's lost a lot of stuff due to flooding?) and a stash buster for me. So that's good. I did have to frog a few rows because the knot I tied to attach another skein came untied and would've made a hole. So I spent sometime untangling the mess I made frogging it because I didn't wrap it up properly in the beginning. But that's fixed now and I think I'll get rid of all the skeins of this color from my stash by the time I"m done and I may need to get a few more. But I think this color isn't going to be discontinued for some time.

And it's been chilly enough these past few nights to pull out a blanket again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I haven't been in this thread for a while, but I have been crocheting. Hoping no one minds a few pics of my recent finishes with thread:

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Those are really cool doilies, janel!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think most of my friends are going to end up having wool scarves. lol At least the scarves don't cause my legs to overheat when I make them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Found some wool yarn at my local Michaels that is 100% wool (not all of them are) that I liked. I don't think I'm going to buy much of it as I prefer to get either the wool from the living history farm I hang out (for scarves) or the Fishermen's wool blend (for blankets). But this was a scarf I was making in trade for a drawing that a friend made me.

On the other hand, I'm almost finished with a blanket I'm making for another friend. I found myself not crocheting as much this summer as I have in the past. Part of it was due to getting more involved with my garden, partly due probably needing a break from crocheting for years. But the weather's getting cool, or cooler than usual, so having the blanket is nice to work on at the moment. Of course, if the weather is going to be as cold as it was this past winter, I will be very happy to have blankets to work on in those months. I do have something I started some time last year so that's good. On the other hand, I should start working on the wool blanket I'm making for my car. Thankfully I have that yarn in my stash at the moment. Once those are done, I can do some stash busting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yay, almost finished with the afgan I'm making for my friend. One or two more skeins should do it. Of course, I had picked up some more about a month or so ago and now I have too much again. I think I'll have enough to do a laprug, though. I started on my new wool blanket, just the cast on row and the first row after that. That makes things a lot easier to get going once I start up on it again. But I'm not sure if I'm going to pick that one up next or finish the other afgan I started already. I have to see where that yarn is, though. One of my co-workers knows someone or a group that gives scarves away to a charity. At least now I can make scarves out of the orphan skeins and have some place to give them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finally finished my friend's afgan. Now I just have to find out when she's going to be at one of the events we both attend. It's just as well because the last week has been pretty warm. It's been pretty cool for most of the summer this year. I did find the yarn for the afgan I have started for myself so I'm thinking of picking up that one again once the temps drop again. It's not that long at this point but it's still too hot to have a project covering my legs at this point. But I do have some scarves I've been meaning to make so I'm working on those at this point.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2014 Crochet Corner-image.jpg
    I just made this for my new granddaughter who will be arriving next month.It is bright pink, but looks orange in this picture.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Very nice doilies janal!

Winkie, that hat is just adorable! Congrats on the soon to be new granddaughter!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was pretty pleased with the hat & took it to the baby shower. Before she opened my gifts, she opened a package that had three hand made hats that blew mine out of the water. They were all crochet. One had a sporty little bill, one was an owl & one was a turkey! They were so cute! This little girl will really be styling!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Greetings! I am new to Frugal Village and love to crochet. I am still very new, not good at reading patterns or graphs so I am teaching myself with youtube videos. Currently working on an owl basket and a mesh grocery bag, both Christmas gifts. I love the Clover Amour hooks and my I is my favorite hook! Can't wait to meet everyone!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast