2014 Crochet Corner - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Argh! Turns out that both Michaels and Joanns have stopped their instore special orders services in favor of online ordering. Joanns does still do fabric special orders in store but not for yarn. Grr. I'll still go to both stores since they're the ones closest (and easiest) for me to get to. But seriously, what happens when a customer finds that there are only a small amount in store and wants more? Of course, they're probably thinking that everyone has a smart phone these days so they (the customers) will place the orders through the smart phone while there. As it is, I found it a lot easier to order from Joann's rather than Michaels website. Sigh...

Still, I have enough of the yarn I was looking for to keep on working until my order comes in. That's the project I had put on hold while I made the afgan for my friend. I did finish an alpaca scarf which I hope a friend (who sells the handmade soaps I like) likes. I hope she likes pink. She doesn't know I made it for her but I had the alpaca yarn and she's a really sweet person. I also put some work in on a wool blanket I briefly started (just the first couple of rows). I think this will be for another friend I rarely see, usually once every few years. I can track him down since we have mutual friends. It's something I'm sure he'd appreciate since he's a reenactor, even if he can't put it on top of his 'bunk' at events.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My friend really liked the pink alpaca scarf I made for her. Pink seems to be one of her favorite colors so I was happy she liked it. Been pretty lazy, other than that. I did find the scarf I started using a cotton (I think, it's not wool) yarn. I really wanted to find it again since it was a hand-dyed skein called "Zombie Apocalypse". It's basically black, white, and grey with splotches of red. It's coming out really cool.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Looks like the fall weather is finally here. So it's time to get back to my crochet projects. Once my two current projects are done, I'll start stash busting. Yay! I think I do have another project started that I stuff away in my closet since the color has been discontinued. I just have to make sure that I can find what I do have.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Saw some friends last weekend. Ended up with a large bag of yarn to enlarge my stash. At least it was free. lol Anyway, one of the guys 'requested' a blanket, half in jest, half serious. My response was only: "ok, what color?" He just shrugged and said it didn't matter. So I'm going to do a series of blue, going from dark to light (or light to dark??).

So I started that, partially to do a little stash-busting, partially because I wanted to get something started. This way I'll have several projects long enough to cover my legs during the cold weather.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Temps took a dive recently so I'm glad that one of my projects is long enough to cover my legs in the evening. I also committed myself to making another afgan for a friend. That is only a couple rows along so I'm probably going to try and get some more work done on it this weekend when the temps improve a bit. And thankfully I have Black Friday off so I can get more work done on both then as well.

I'm liking how the long afgan is coming along. It's from the large stash of yarn a friend gave me recently and it's various colors of blue.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Been focusing on the blue afgan I started from the stash given to me by a friend. Really like how that one's coming out. It's a bit "cleaner" than the 'rag bag' afgan I did a few years back since I end the section at the end of a row. The first 'rag bag' afgan I just grabbed whatever color on hand and just kept going where the yarn ended. The downside is having small bits. I'm starting to create a ball of yarn from those bits and hopefully I'll have enough for a quilt-ish afgan where the colors "change" erratically rather than having a row here and there of a single color. We'll see how that goes. Just have to make sure the yarns are similar (i.e. rough acrylics together, simply softs, etc.).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Almost done with one of the afgan I'm making for a friend. Only about half a skein away from done since I want to use up the yarn. Since it's one of those pound skeins, there's still a ways to go. I'm nearly finished on the wool laprug I started some time back. But since I have that one in my car to do while waiting for something (i.e. waiting for a movie or people-watching in the mall), it's taken me some time to finish it. Once the laprug's done, I think I'll start a stash-buster afgan. This way I can start a new full sized afgan and take it inside when it becomes too large for the bag. Or I can start another lapgan, depending on what yarn I have. I think I have enough for a couple of full sized afgans though and this way I can finish the ones I have at home by the time I get to the point of bringing the car afgan inside to finish.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2014 Crochet Corner-gabbie.jpg2014 Crochet Corner-gracie.jpg2014 Crochet Corner-woody.jpgI finally finished the 3 afghans I was making as Christmas gifts:

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Those afgans are very nice!! I finished one afgan requested by a friend. Now I'm onto the next one. The new one isn't really a stash-buster since I only had two skeins of the color I wanted but I will use them as well as ones I bought for this project. I think I can get a fair deal done on it since I have this coming Friday off as well as next Friday due to the holidays.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm thinking of taking up crocheting....do any of you crocheting experts have advice for me? What project to start with, what are good books to request from our library etc?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456