2014 Crochet Corner
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default 2014 Crochet Corner

It's December 31st so I'm going to start a new thread for 2014. Welcome aboard!!

I still have several projects I'm working that I've started within the past few months. A couple of them I don't work on often - one I leave in my car for the inevitable waiting before movies and the like, the other is at my parents' place that I work on for them or Mom's church ladies.

But the forecast for this coming Thursday and Friday is for very cold weather (highs in the upper teens on Friday and lows in the low single digits F) and potentially a lot of snow. So if that's the case, I'm going to snug at home and work on my crocheting. And hope no interviews come my way until next week....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I haven't crocheted for a few years but the yearning has come back. Will have to find a nice blanket to do for my grand-daughter. Really enjoy crocheting but my only problem is with the tension. Am a loose crocheter(SP) Will have to get the tension down pat before I start again. Love doing it on a stormy day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I love crocheting - mahalo for starting the new year off in the right direction with this thread!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm hoping to whip up a quick cowl scarf today. It's a cold, snowy day here and I have no reason to leave the house.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tripleb View Post
    I haven't crocheted for a few years but the yearning has come back. Will have to find a nice blanket to do for my grand-daughter. Really enjoy crocheting but my only problem is with the tension. Am a loose crocheter(SP) Will have to get the tension down pat before I start again. Love doing it on a stormy day!
    One trick for uneven tension is to make a triangle shaped shawl or headscarf. Just start with a short row and add an extra stich at the start and end of each new row. It is not as obvious if tension is uneven because the rows are not supposed to be the same size.

I crochet off and on and would like to join in. I want to crochet more this year. I mostly crochet on the go so it tends to be small projects.

I have a general plan (after i finish a small leftover project today)
    winter is bulky yarn and furry yarn
    spring is dishcloth yarn
    summer is thin yarn
    fall is regular weight and novelty yarn
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh so many projects and things i want to learn this year! I'm in

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've been on a crochet roll lately. Lots of doilies. Today I finished a hat for my brother, which he really liked - I'll try to post a picture of it later. I'm currently working on a baby blanket for a baby shower in a few weeks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok, my brother let me get a picture of the hat:

It is made with Red Heart Reflective yarn - it has a reflective thread woven through it - hoping that it will help with visibility for walking around on a large college campus at night. The camera flash shows off the reflective quality pretty well. In normal daylight it is more subdued, which is good, because my brother doesn't really like to call attention to himself. He said that he really liked the color and was surprised by (happily) the ribbing from the post stitches.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That hat looks really cool, janal. One thing I want to learn this year is how to crochet a hat.

Tripleb - one thing that I usually do for tension is use a larger hook and pull my stitches tighter. Don't know if that's of any use to you, though. I tend to like the tighter tension anyway.

My area's going to get a bit of snow tonight into tomorrow. And get pretty cold over the next couple of days. So I'm working on my wool blanket since it'll be warm. The wool blankets I've made in the past couple of years are definitely worth making another one and putting it in my car for those 'just in case' moments.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hats are super easy once you get the hang of crocheting in the round. I don't typically use a pattern for any hats - I just make it to fit my head or adjust it in relation to my head. I knew my brother's head was about the same size, and when I make hats for my step-daughter I just make it to be a little snug. I really like working things in the round and the look that it gives you when you don't have to turn after every row. I made a small backpack in the round, and the baby blanket that I am working on right now is round as well. I'm done with the actual base of the blanket now and am working on the appliques - I'll have a photo when I'm done, but that may be a bit, since I need to make sure that the sewing is done super securely since it will be for a baby.

My step-daughter really wants me to teach her to crochet, but I'm not sure that I would be good at that. I'm having some serious patience issues lately because of the steroids that I'm on, and I know that I don't hold the yarn correctly anyway, plus she is left handed. Totally not the frugal way to go, but I think that I'm going to see if they have a kids crochet class at Joann or Michaels that we could enroll her in.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Greetings ladies, I think I am in the right place now. Crocheting is something I love too, BUT, haven't crochet since I was a little girl. My grandma taught me how, since my mother didn't have patients teaching a left hander. Grandma taught me just the basic stitch. I would love to learn more, and I was thinking maybe this forum can pitch in to help me learn more. Furthermore, I forgot how to start the stitch. In the next week my husband and I are going into town and purchasing a crochet hook, and yarn. Maybe I can get some help? I think it would be fun. By the way, I love the hat, it is very nice. Oh, and this is my first time to this site, and love it already.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

So glad that you joined us here DebraCA! I am always inspired and educated by the work these women do!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome aboard, DebraCA. Glad you're having fun with us.

I'm a left-hander but for some reason I learned how to crochet right-handed. Then again, I also use scissors with my right hand too. Go figure. So it's not that hard to learn how to crochet right-handed, even for us Southpaws.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Welcome DebraCA! Youtube is a great resource for videos to teach crocheting...even left handed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Baby blanket finished - going to be a gift for a shower.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast