2015 Crochet Corner - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Now that my garden's pretty much done for the season and the weather's getting colder, I'm picking up my crocheting projects again. I was still doing some, mostly scarves, but now I want projects that will cover my legs as the temps drop in the evening. I have a couple of afgans in the works for friends, two I'm making more for myself, and one is a stash-buster that I will donate.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finished the blue "tweed" afgan for one friend. Started the red "tweed" afgan for another. I had to totally start over with the red one (which fortunately wasn't too far along). I forgot I needed to use one of the largest hooks and started with a hook that was two sizes too small. My "tweed" afgans are basically single stitch basic afgans using two strands of yarn at the same time in colors that are just off-color from each other.

It's been some time since I used the brand of yarn I picked up for the red afgan since it's pretty rough unless it's washed several times with fabric softener. I didn't like the reds in the brands I usually use. Since the afgan's going to be used for (I assume) for larping, this type of yarn works best since it can be washed on a regular basis.

Of course, now that I had to start over, the weather's going to be really chilly and it's not long enough to cover my legs. At least with this project.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Coming along with the red afgan for my friend. Since I'm using two different colors for it, I noticed that one of the red skeins is looser than the other. I can dig my fingers into that skein easily but not so much with the other one. I know they're both sold by weight but for some reason I get the feeling that there's less yarn in the loose skein than in the tighter one. On the other hand, the yarns twist around each other as I'm working so probably using them in unequal proportions.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question for you? What is larping? That is a term I have never heard of. Just wondering.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Live Action Role Playing. The best way I can describe it is as a cross between improvisational theatre and your own "Choose Your Own Adventure" story or an adult version of "let's pretend". (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_a...e-playing_game)

The games I go to tend to be medieval fantasy themed so having a crocheted blanket adds to the look and feel of the weekend better than just a sleeping bag, although my friends who get one of my blankets will throw it over the sleeping bags as an added layer. I use acrylic for the blankets because they're machine washable/dryable. I use wool if I'm making them scarves.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Attachment 47963

don't know if worked but posted a hat I made in the last month. Crocheting is my main craft and all the new multicoloured cakes have inspired me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12