2015 Crochet Corner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default 2015 Crochet Corner

With the new Year right around the corner, I thought I'd create this new thread.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I started on a pink and white ripple baby afghan for my next door neighbor. She's expecting another little girl in May.
    I'm thinking about making a larger one as a "big sister" gift for the 2-1/2 year old, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm starting off the new year with a project for a friend as well. After that, I'm hoping on being able to do some stash-buster projects that I will probably end up donating either to a church group or the Red Cross. I do need to get rid of some yarn that has been sitting in my bins for years.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Almost finished with the afgan for a friend. Just have to finish this one skein and it's done. I think the next one I'm going to work on is the wool one I have started. It barely covers the top of my lap but the weather will give me incentive to make sure I keep at it. It's been very cold lately.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just started crocheting a month or so ago and have crocheted a bunch of dishcloths to get a handle on the various stitches. Yesterday I thought it was about time to take the leap and try read a pattern. I managed to crochet baby booties - yeah! They're so cute and I'll give them away to a friend who just had a baby :-)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You're a lot more ambitious than I am! I've been crocheting for years and I'm still limited scarves and afgans. To be fair, I do occasionally use the single/half-double stitch combo on some scarves but for the most part, I just stick with the basic single stitch. And I never learned to read a pattern. I tried but I learn best through hands-on instruction. There is a crochet/knitting group in my area but it's once a month and half the time I forget when it's scheduled.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by renmerc446 View Post
    You're a lot more ambitious than I am! I've been crocheting for years and I'm still limited scarves and afgans. To be fair, I do occasionally use the single/half-double stitch combo on some scarves but for the most part, I just stick with the basic single stitch. And I never learned to read a pattern. I tried but I learn best through hands-on instruction. There is a crochet/knitting group in my area but it's once a month and half the time I forget when it's scheduled.
    There is a knitting group in our area - maybe I should check it out to see if there are crocheters there :-) I'm determined to learn to crochet baby clothes for when the grandkids start a coming lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've found that there are often crocheters at knitting groups, even when the group is just listed as a 'knitting group'. If nothing else, some of the knitters may also crochet and can give you some pointers.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finished off the blue afgan I was making for a friend. Yay! Finally!! Since yesterday was colder than I expected, I went to one of my other UFP's which covered my legs. The wool afgan would've been warmer but it doesn't cover my lap yet, let along my legs and feet. With the weather finally warming up to something reasonable, I will probably return to the wool afgan. It's not something I want to work on during the summer. :: Other than these two afgans, I finally can start doing some stash busting projects to give away to either the local Red Cross or my local church to give to a homeless shelter. I have enough blankets for myself.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Now that I've made a bunch of baby booties, I thought it was about time to search for slipper patterns. After two failed attempts, I finally got a handle on how to do it. Just finished crocheting a pair of adult slippers for a young lady and she was beyond thrilled. Now my sister asked if I could crochet her a pair of slippers so that is what I'm working on right now - for her birthday. Lots of crocheting going on but making no money doing it lol but having a ton of fun

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by momoffiveboys View Post
    ... Lots of crocheting going on but making no money doing it lol but having a ton of fun
    I know what you mean. I've been making scarves and afgans for friends and people my Mom's prayer group thinks could use the 'pick-me-up'. Right now, I've been picking up some really nice yarn from a vendor I found at the sheep and yarn fair a couple of years back. It's really nice stuff since it's small dye batches. That and one of the people at the local living history farm I love going to mentioned they'll be getting in more of their yarn soon. I love supporting small vendors and living history places. I use the yarn for just scarves though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finished the afgans for a couple of friends but haven't seen them to give them their afgans yet. So, right now, with the weather in my area warming up, I'm kinda taking a break from the afgans. (That and the garden's taking my attention.) But I'm doing some smaller projects (scarves) since I can't watch TV without doing some sort of project. Then again, I have some really nice yarn that's too expensive to buy in quantity for an afgan but is really too nice to pass up. So, the scarves. I don't know if I'm going to give the dyed ones away. Since they're wool or wool blends, I can keep them for myself. On the other hand, I do have some yarn I pick up to support the local living history farm. Those I give away to friends. Those afgans are amazing! The past couple of winters have had some really cold days and the wool scarf I kept for myself definitely came in handy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Still doing the occasional scarf, now that it's summer in my area (and feels it too!). For the most part, though, the garden takes up a lot of my attention these days.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

With the cool weather again, I'm picking up my crocheting again. On one hand, I have a couple of UFO's I have to complete but they're more for myself than anything else. One is something I started from stashed yarn. Yay, stashbuster! On the other, I have a new project for a friend's boyfriend I just met. He seems really sweet and looks to be a lot of fun so this is going to be so cool. I have ideas.... Now I have to head back to my local Michael's to get the yarn. Haven't been back there in quite some time. I don't think I have the right yarn for what I have in mind. I have been picking up some yarn but that's special from a small vendor that dyes them in small batches.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Picked up the yarn for my friend's afgan. I did change it up from what I was going to do (went dark and mid-dark blue instead of dark blue and black). It's turning out better than I expected. I really wanted to do charcoal and dark blue but they don't do charcoal in that brand of yarn any more. It's going pretty fast because I'm using a larger hook. I just hope I can get it done before the winter's over since I'm using both yarns at the same time for a double thick afgan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast