Anyone into cross stitching?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Anyone into cross stitching?

It seems that cross stitching has become quite cool. I've done it since I was a kid and just love it. I've found a really cheap way of making great patterns I'd like to share:

Finding patterns: I search on Etsy or similar sites for patterns i'd like (at the moment i'm working on the poo emoji which is hilarious, and I made my boyfriend a Zelda and Link pattern which he loves). I just buy the pattern on etsy for a couple of ££ and download and print it.

Getting the equipment: I buy aida and thread on ebay. There are loads of sellers who sell individual colours so once you've got the pattern downloaded, order the thread separately. I also get needles and frames on ebay too!

Get going! I like to colour in the parts on the printed pattern as i go along so I don't get lost.

Happy stitching!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have done a lot of stamped cross stitch (quilts) and I tried counted cross stitch, a very small piece. I spent more time taking out stitches than putting them in!!
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I do a lot of cross stitching and have patterns stashed for several lifetimes. Right now I'm committed to making seven afghans by winter/Christmas so it's on hold for quite some time. It's a craft I always come back to though and will be glad to eventually get back to my current projects. One I had just started is a large pattern of ducks and ducklings.

I'm starting to do some of the patterns I have bought from the UK keyed to Anchor thread so I'm gradually building up my stash of that. I find that the Anxhor/DMC conversions are never satisfactory.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We've picked up a lot of cross stitch stuff at thrifts and garage sales, so much so we're no longer buying much of anything for cross stitch.

I've also bought fabrics on eBay and found it's the least expensive to buy in lots.

I did buy a brand new lap stand online from JoAnn's when they had it half price one year at Christmas. Husby loves it and doesn't stitch without it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love the plastic hoop in Spirit Deer's second photo. I NEVER thought about rolling the cloth down over the bottom rung. Great idea to use smaller plastic hoops for larger patterns. This kind of plastic hoop is worth the investment...can look for Hobby Lobby 40% off coupon for this kind of purchase too.

I picked up a lot of xstitch and sewing stuff off thrift stores but had to part with most when I downsized. I just have enough stuff now to fit in filing box like Paper Ream box from office...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's not actually a hoop. It's a lap stand like the one shown in the upper photo. The project is a Christmas stocking he stitched over the winter. I made longer bars for it because he likes to do big projects and the stock bars weren't long enough.