ANNOUNCING the NEEDLE ARTS CLUB - Page 14
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Darlene,

Thanks for your reply ... and for letting me join.

Love,

Jennelle

About the projects I'm working on ... I worked on those most all of today - it gets to nearly be an obsession with me.

I've got 1,650 of the rounds done to crochet together [have to learn how to do that yet though. *lol*]

Anyways - today I calculated how many more I'll need to do in order to have 5 blankets [afghans] done by October and it's something like about nearly 2,400 more.

Guess ya know what I'll be busy doing all summer, huh?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If this involves crocheting I am in. Just let me know what I need to do.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Julie,

You said to let you know what to do ... I'd just asked the same thing when I joined and Darlene said that basically you work on whatever it is that you're working on and well ... then talk about it.

I hope this helps!

Love,

Jennelle

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well I guess I am part of the needle arts club.....lol. Right now I am working on baby hats to send to a University Hospital for full-term and preemie babies. I also have a few booties and sweaters to send.

My church also makes midwife kits and sends them to other countries. I make baby hats to put in those kits.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would like to join, I love to do plastic canvas, knitting, and loom knitting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi! I knit, crochet, cross-stitch, do a little hand-piecing and some quilting. Also am accomplished at "lumpy plastic canvas" and "wrong shade of color needle point". Can I join?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Christina,

I also do plastic canvas a lot ... what kinds of things do you make with it?

As for myself, I've made more kleenex box covers and coaster sets than I can begin to count.

Also I make crosses that I hope to get to missionaries in other countries someday [when I get a whole lot of them done ... have at least 100+ done already, I'm sure!]

Love,

Jennelle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi, Jenelle! Well, I attempted a snowman in plastic canvas and a few other things. I can never seem to get the back to be smooth and relatively flat. How do you do that?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'd like to join, too. I just started making a quilt. It's my first one and is coming along nicely.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Suzee, mine sometimes turn out that way as well [lumpy back, etc.]

One thing I do for smaller items that the back will be seen is to use a lighter weight yarn on them and that helps some [you know - like baby weight yarn.

Either way, it's probably not gonna turn out totally flat but I just do the best that I can.

For things that the back isn't seen then I don't worry about it too much [like when I do kleenex boxes and such things, ya don't see the inside and a heavier weight yarn wouldn't matter so much.

Autumn, good luck on your quilt 'n keep us posted how it's going, K?

I bought a new sewing machine late last fall and that was my intention [to make quilts] ...

Well, I bought a bunch of material and have cut some squares out but that's as far as I've gotten.

I have many, many squares to cut before I even think of getting to the sewing part.

Not sure besides lack of time because I'm doing plastic canvas and crocheting is why I haven't done more on it -

or if it's 'cuz I haven't used a sewing machine in over 30 years and am just scared about getting to the sewing part.

Love,

Jennelle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lady J...AHA!!!! Thank you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Janelle,

I hear you on the kleenex boxes and coasters, but they're so much fun to make and giveaway.

I recently made a cover for my worn out Bible, because I refuse to retire it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Christina,

Ya know, I've made and gave away so many of the kleenex boxes and coaster sets over the years that half the time I can't remember who all I've given them to and who I haven't.

I love making them though because with me, that is about as relaxed as I ever get [I'm one of those people who have to be doing something all of the time!]

With working on plastic canvas, much of it is repititious work and I can do it without thinking ... kind of like mindless work and that is the kind I prefer to do [not the kind where I have to pay attention. *lol*]

I made a bible cover probably 5 or 6 years ago, I didn't have a pattern and it was just a simple one that I did in all white but still, it turned out pretty good.

Love,

Jennelle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My Bible cover was pretty simple, I just measured it and cut the plastic canvas three holes wider, and two holes deeper for the spine.

I also learned to knit last year, as crocheting hurts my hands (arthritis) so far I have mady a baby blanket, a lapghan, and blanket for DH that fits a twin size bed. I didn't think I would ever finish it. But, I have bipolar and tend to go from project to project. Now I am working on a blanket for me, but I think I'm gonna have to do one for my son first so he doesn't feel left out.

Jenelle, I'm like you I like the plastic canvas because it so repetitive, it's one of the ways I reduce stress also. My favorite pattern is a tissue box that looks like a house, I think they are just so cute. I made one that had a yard and fence around for my pastor's wife's birthday a couple years ago, I almost didn't want to give it up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Suzee,

sometimes you glue felt to the back of them, mine turn out lumpy too

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast