Anyone from NH??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Anyone from NH??

I lived in MA my entire life until I met my husband "relocated" here. I have found some great frugal places since. Anyone else from NH?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Nope, I am not in NH. I am about 40 minutes south of you in Mass. There is a handful of NH Frugalistas here, give them time, they'll be here

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am very close to the NH border...Nashua in one direction and Salem in the other

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't live in NH now..but I just had to jump in and say 'hi' to you. I lived in Nashua for 15 years before we decided to relocate.

We loved NH...a great place to live!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default LadySlipper

it is a wonderful state, isn't it? I NEVER imagined myself living here and loving it, but I am and I do!!! No more city living for this girl!!!! The big plus is raising a family in such a rural area. It's so healthy and peaceful for our kids, (and for me, truth be told, I LOVE it here!!!).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's a great place to raise kids. I have a lot of happy memories of NH...traveling up to Santa's Village and Storyland, climbing Mt. Monadnock. And you're still close enough to MA and it's bigger cities if you ever have the urge. We used to travel to Boston one day a year just for the Museum of Science.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Many of my HS classmates worked at Storyland for the summer. Still live in NH. I also lived near the MA border but am now living further north. A little chillery this evening.

piney

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't live there anymore, but I grew up right in downtown Nashua and lived there until I married DH in 1994. I also kind-of grew up in Meredith because we had a cottage on Winnipesaukee (right on the bay) and were there every weekend and during the summer. (sold it in 1992). Most of my family is still there (nashua, meredith, manchester and hampton) and dh family is there also.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

-raises hand- Me, Me! We 'transplanted' from MA 5 years ago when it was time to buy our first house and MA was too darn expensive. We live right over the A border in the Monadnock region- very 'country' out here! If you are looking for bargains, give the Salvation Army in Nashua (if in your area) a call- the place is HUGE and run a day or 2 a week they have MANY items 1/2 off or for $1. Also, for kids things, check out 'Mother and Child' consignment shop in Nashua on 101A, near the border.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Khaski....

Ty!!!! I don't live very close to Nashua, unfortunately, but very close to a Salvation Army Store that is VERY close, (Salem, NH) that has very very good deals. Some days are better than others, and I love the challenge of "digging" for a good bargain. And believe it or not, even though I no longer live in Lowell, MA, where I moved from with my dd when dh and I started dating, I occasionally visit another thrift store there, it's run by a church group and they have AWESOME deals!!! Well worth the trip!! I got dd an almost new Speedo brand one piece bathing suit in the spring, for $2!!!

We are also one town over from Exeter, NH, and they have a Dollar Tree store with a frozen foods section, which I visit and stock up from about once per month. They have name brands, too, from Pillsbury to Luigi's Italian Ice, etc. That's even closer and I love the look on the cashier's faces when I pull up my cart, overflowing with frozen groceries!!

Seriously though, they have a ton of stuff there, including luncheon meat, frozen swedish meatballs, OJ, milk, eggs, and everything is $1!!!!! Or less sometimes. It's on Route 18, several miles off of Route 111.

FTR, it helps a LOT that my little VW Jetta gets excellent gas mileage with the prices nowadays!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I live in NH, southern NH, on Crotched Mtn, as a matter of fact.

I grew up in L.A., so you could say it's a bit different than what I had as a kid!

Where are you?
    JD

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I live in Florida now, but I worked at Crotched Mtn for 11 years!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I live about 10 minutes from NH border. Go to Salem all the time! I have a cottage in Rye Beach ,NH. I love love it there!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JENROY View Post
    I live in Florida now, but I worked at Crotched Mtn for 11 years!!!
    Wow, really, the ski side or the rehab side?

(I live on the ski side.)

JD

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I live in NH we moved here from MA 10 years ago..

I LOVE IT up here, we live near Concord, NH

Eileen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast