Are you guys ready??
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Are you guys ready??

Looks like Earl may show up, but knowing New England, he will probably just make an appearance with a little rain and wind.

What are you doing to get ready?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i will be waiting for my 13 yo to get home from the jersey shore where she has been staying a few nights with a friends family .
    we were there yesterday and the waves were already getting wild.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My poor Dope is getting really nervous and fidgety already. I can only imagine how he'll be feeling tomorrow!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I can't judge things by my cat... she's been snoring for a while now - except when her royal catness made her way to the feeding dish, then right back to where she was... not even sure the sofa had time to get cold.

Diva is freaking, mistaking hurricane with tornado and not wanting me to get smooshed by a house (no, I don't covet the red slippers, I have gold ones of my own )

I am glad Old Man is off until Sunday - at least by then the wind should be gone, don't want him on a roof 60' up and have the wind take him and/or his ladder.

Worried about my brother though, he does emergency electricity/high voltage stuff and he is always sent to places after a disaster. When he has to respond, it's usually a long ride to wherever he has to go (lives in NH, most hurricanes/floods/tornadoes are in the south) so he is tired, and then add in the mess and danger... during/after katrina he had a knife put to his throat by someone who wanted their electricity right then and there

All in all, I am set, have some soup, pancake mix, plenty of coffee - lantern is on the table and the slider is washed (so I can watch plants fly by the window if we get the 85mph winds)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i will say though that my sinuses are killing me and my fibro is acting up bad also - i am sure due to the pressure changes !

i can be a human barometer between my sinuses and fibro - even more so in in the winter ; a big toe i broke when i was a slightly intoxicated 20 yo having fun at a party- will tell me its going to snow 2 days before the weatherman knows for sure !!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think its been downgraded. Last night I moved all of my patio furniture to a hopefully "safe" spot. It was an absolutely beautiful morning! I have a perfect view of the harbor from my desk and its starting to cloud up now.

I'd be surprised if we got more than a little wind and rain. Its supposed to be a beautiful weekend.

The Governor in CT closed the state parks along the shoreline from 12pm today until 12pm tomorrow just as a precaution.