Anyone in Rhode Island?
    Registered User oneblueonebrown's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Anyone in Rhode Island?

I see threads for the other New England states, but is anyone in Little Rhody?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

On a recent trip to Yellowstone, we concluded there really is no one from Rhode Island. We diligently looked for license plates from every state in the union and found all of them, plus the District of Columbia, except for Rhode Island. Alas! If we could have bagged Rhode Island, it would have been a clean sweep, but there were no Rhode Islanders to be found in the park or anywhere on our route.

Still, it gives us an excuse to take that same trip again, doesn't it? Maybe next time we'll be able to catch a glimpse of the elusive Rhode Island license plate. But I think we're more likely to find Bigfoot first.

Welcome to the forum!

Registered User greekislandgirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, there are people from Rhode Island - count yourself lucky you didn't encounter any on the road!

Hehehe just kidding ... I lived in Rhode Island for many years - I still think of it as my home state. Now I live in Greece, where we have a Rhodes Island.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

my son lives in r.i. does that count? my aunt and sister used to....lol and believe me ma. drivers are just as bad as r.i. drivers.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Trust me, the worst drivers in the entire world were in Yellowstone. People with rental RVs who had obviously never driven an RV before and didn't speak English, so probably didn't understand a lot of the signs, people who stopped dead in front of us so they could take pictures because they didn't want to walk twenty feet back from the pull out that was RIGHT THERE in front of them, people who stopped to let their kids out so they could run over and pet the pretty buffalo, people whose tow vehicles were not up to the task of towing large trailers hitched to them, people who thought we didn't need our lane six inches from that thousand-foot drop-off so they decided they could use our lane for their giant forty-foot trailer behind that giant dually diesel on roads they were never supposed to be on in the first place, you name it. We ended up leaving a day early because we couldn't take it anymore, and we will never go back during the busy season either.

Our favorite license plate by far was the Hawaii plate on the front of the forty-foot vintage GMC motorhome.

GIG, too funny about Rhode Island and Rhodes Island.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

spirit deer....omg! sounded like fun lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We enjoyed the trip very much and can't wait to go back, but there are some people in this world who just need a good ol' slap upside their heads. We saw a lot of hair-raising things while we were there. It still amazes us that people think it's a really good idea to walk up to a wild, one-ton animal with horns who could kill them just by turning its head, let alone letting their kids get close. *expletive deleted* Darwin awards all around!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Looks like I am the only one? I started on this site many years ago but lost track. I came on tonight and found this post! I live in Northern RI!