Southern New Hampshire Anyone?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Southern New Hampshire Anyone?

Is anyone in the southern NH area? Hudson, Nashua, Hollis, Amherst, Brookline, Milford, Litchfield, Manchester?

Need to find a person I can sit and talk with IRL who is like minded about debt reduction, simple living etc... Our family thinks my husband and I are a bit nuts for going without to get ahead and will think we are even crazier when we finally decide to downsize.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi there - I'm from Hudson. I don't follow DR tho. I found this site after being laid off in 2009 from a job I had for 23 yrs. and was looking for ways to cut back & save. I mostly read their tips as I'm in the learning stages. I found a job after being out of work for 6 mos and have been there for 4 yrs. I still like to read the tips/advice here and cut back wherever I can.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I know what that is like. I was out of work for a while and finally got a job working retail. Not my first choice but it pays the bills. I do follow DR mostly because it works for me and is easy to follow. My husband and I are more focused on voluntary simplicity and living a more simply and intentional life.

I have a lot of friends over in Hudson and my son just proposed to his girl over at Benson's park two weeks ago.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Aw, that's awesome I'm not far from Benson's. It's beautiful over there now and they're supposed to be building a bandstand for concerts. Congrats to your son. I work for a doctor at LGH.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Small world. I moved from Lowell to Nashua 11 years ago.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I grew up in Dracut. It is a small world. The best tips I've learned here so far are to stockpile, save my change jar, keep the heat low in the winter and use our pellet stove. I shop at MB, Sam's, Walmart & Aldi. Before being laid off I bought a new outfit for the heck of it. Now I only shop when necessary. I'm more into savings now. Would love to pay off the mortgage. I have little cc debt. It's just me, DH & DS 11. We have 2 elderly cats & a house rabbit. We are currently looking for a puppy as our 16 yr old dog died. I do try and help out my elderly parents who still live in Dracut. I would say we are much simpler, but not perfect yet by any means. We're trying tho My DH is self employed so having the stockpile and savings does help. I work to carry the health/dental insurance.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's just me and my dh. Ds is starting his junior year of college and is getting married in March. We just have the mortgage left but would love to see that gone.

Our big thing is that this house, yard, etc.. is too big for two people. We have so much unused space and storage that is completly empty that we feel it is wasted on it. True luxury for us to be living with 1264 sq ft of finished space. We would love to downsize but the timing of the market isn't right to get what we would need to out of the house sale. So we wait.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Someday we have to start slamming the mortgage with all we have to pay it off. That will be such a good feeling. Right now I'm waiting for cooler weather so I can start cleaning the basement. With no attic space it gets cluttered and I'm sick of it