Hello from Victoria, BC, Canada
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Hello from Victoria, BC, Canada

Hi my name is Sandra but on Forums I go by Sally. I am a 62 yr old woman, divorced and working full time. I work for an optometrist as a receptionist/Medical Office Assistant and enjoy many hobbies. At the moment seeing my new grand daughter (nearly 4 months old) and my 6 year old grandson are my priorities. I have 2 daughters 1 married with the 2 grand children and the other one is engaged and due to get married in 2019. I used to be on the Dollar Stretcher forum but Gary is shutting it down soon and somebody suggested this Forum here. Looking forward to joining in. Thank you. Sally.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Welcome Sandy.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sandy i could use some good tips on stretching my dollars living on fixed income they don't go very far.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It is actually Sally, not Sandy. I try and get coupons for the store that just opened up. You spend $25 and they give you a free $10 gift card. Comes in the mail and I just have to check the mailbox and grab it first. Upstairs tenant shares the mailbox but does not seem to be interested in using them. So fine all the more for me. I cook more than 1 meal portion, ie a roast or a whole chicken or 8-10 drumsticks at a time and then use the leftovers in other meals or make other things ie curries, soups, stews. I don't pay for my electricity but am mindful of my use of it. Sally.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Sally! glad to see you here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Martha, nice to see you too. Hope your weekend is going well. Hugs me. Sally.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome Sally! I used to visited Dollar Stretcher from time to time but mainly hang out here. Hope you like hanging out with us.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Sallyann56/Sandra View Post
    Hi my name is Sandra but on Forums I go by Sally. I am a 62 yr old woman, divorced and working full time. I work for an optometrist as a receptionist/Medical Office Assistant and enjoy many hobbies. At the moment seeing my new grand daughter (nearly 4 months old) and my 6 year old grandson are my priorities. Nox Vidmate VLC I have 2 daughters 1 married with the 2 grand children and the other one is engaged and due to get married in 2019. I used to be on the Dollar Stretcher forum but Gary is shutting it down soon and somebody suggested this Forum here. Looking forward to joining in. Thank you. Sally.
    Welcome Sandy.