Whoami

Thread: Whoami

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Whoami

Retired senior snowbird, currently spending my winter in SW AZ. Live in the PacNW. Married, 3 adult children. Spent most of my career in the tech field, worked for the same company by many names for over 35 years retired as a UNIX/Linux admin. I like many other seniors didn't plan very well for my 'Golden' years. Spent the last 7 years digging my way out of debt, downsizing, dealing with health issues. I hope all is behind me & can enjoy my remaining time.

Sold an oversized house, downsized to a smaller abode in a 55+ manufactured home park. As for debt & my adoption of the 'frugal' life started when I had a near death experience health wise & was given a chance to right some of my mistakes, learned to control my spending & financial security, I found this forum after spending a few years posting on a senior forum. Seems like everyone there has their life together & are full of self-brag advice.

The frugal life is something I could accept, I started in the red, cleared all my debt & have developed a sound financial existence at least to my satisfaction. I still need pointers, to maintain the course.

Thank you, I will be learning from you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Village I don't think you'll find any braggers here. Least don't think so. I find everyone to be very supportive. I/we were in a bad bad BAD spot back in 2008 which lasted for quite a few years and we still feel the repercussions. Everyone here was supportive.

Look forward to reading your posts. Add to ones already up or start your own. Again Welcome!!!!
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome! I have found, at least for myself, just when I think I have it all together, life throws you a curveball. I have found FV to be quite the supportive group.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.[FONT=Arial Black][/FON

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

To the Village always glad to see new people pull up chair get cup and join in i joined first time when i was about 71 and i just can't tell you how much people here has helped me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome~!
    My DH retired in 2018, and I will be retiring in 2021. 3 more years. WooHOO~!
    I would like to be a snowbird, but DH's family has a farm that he runs, so I try to carve out a vacation once a year.
    I'm not sure we could do months..but AZ is in our sights.