Hello n00b here ! Reinventing my life & creating a better future !
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Red face Hello n00b here ! Reinventing my life & creating a better future !

Hello everyone,
    I'll go by Fox or Foxie on here.
    I'm 25 and I've recently got married to my DH in September 2019 and wishing to start saving for the future we both have been talking about.
    I suffer with an undiagonsed chronic back/rib/tummy pain condition which I 100% think is fibromyalgia (FMS) ,
    I just need this confirmed with the Doctors. I'm also waiting for a physiotherapy appointment to come through for an assessment of my condition but still have around 19+ weeks to wait,
    I've never ever been good at money or saving , I really don't know how I saved my half towards the wedding if I'm completely honest!

I want to learn how to be frugal in order to ;
    1) Pay back everything I owe to our wedding gift fund
    2) Save Emergency fund - £500 then £1,500
    3) Save for a deposit on a house & buy our own home. Stay there for 8+ years
    4) Save for a baby & pets
    5) Have 3-6 months worth of emergency funds
    6) Save for retirement (will be saving minuscule amounts when possible during achieving these other goals above)
    7) Save for future child(rens) future - many say "save for college fund" but I'd like to give them a choice on what to use it for out of Uni/moving out either into a rented home or towards buying a home/car ; Something that would benefit their future I.E not a holiday or partying!
    8) Pay off home early
    9) Enjoy the rest

I enjoy challenges and want to push myself to be the best wife & part-time home maker I possibly can
    I work 35 hours a week most of the time from 7:15am until 6:15pm and have some half days/days off in the week.
    Hoping to do more hours but my health condition is stopping me for a while.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Welcome!
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome to the Village! There's a wealth of info here, and lots of people who can give you good advice. Feel free to dive right in.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

To the village i suggest reading the older forms,asking questions and keep posting.