What do you do on New Year's Eve? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This year we pre booked a party with another couple. We are going to the Hyatt Regency for dancing, dinner, and drinks. We will stay overnight there, so will not have to be on the roads. I am excited, as we are going to Skies for supper. I have never been there.Looking foward to ringing in a brand new year!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We normally stay home. My parents drilled it into me when I was young that the roads aren't safe (due to drunk drivers) more on New Year's Eve than any other night of the year. Don't know if that has any merit, but it's always stuck with me.

So, we normally stay home. If we do go to visit friends we stay with them, so we aren't driving home. Alot of times, we hang out with our neighbors and just do something totally low key!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

when i was younger i did alot of mew years eve babysitting can be lots of money to be made doing that, maybe after i get settled into my new place i may do that for 2010!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We generally stay home or go to my parents (which is only a couple of minutes away). We do the cheese and crackers snacks with games as we wait for the ball to drop.

****side note ****
    As an older teenager I would sneak into NYC and watch the ball drop. It is not the same as watching it on TV. There is an air of excitement and comraderie. The energy in the air is an experience I will never forget. People come in from all over to witness it in person. Many of them I met would sleep in their car in whatever parking garage the car was in before heading home the next day.

There is also the not so wonderful parts such as the lack of bathrooms. You stand for hours in the cold, most people drinking, and then have nowehere to pee as you've been hearded behind sawhorse blockades and would have to wind back through a VERY long maze to go find an establishment you could get in to use the bathroom. All the ones in the area have posted signs that they can;t be used. Anyway people just go in the street.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mom and I make dinner consisting of surf and turf for my Dad and hubby and some kind of fancy chicken for us. We make something simple for the kids. Then we play games or watch movies and stay up as late as we can.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default new year's

We are pretty much like you all.........stay home, watch movies, nap, play games, watch the ball drop--about 10 am I make all kinds of munchies and we graze all day. Meatballs, stuffed mushrooms, shrimp, goop, sparkling juice, dips, etc.........it is my favorite day of the year, the kids too, they are already requesting foods.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Usually we stay home...I don't like New Years eve..If church friends are having a get together to play games, we will go to that, but everyone tries to leave around ten so we can get home safely...too many drunk drivers on the road

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We snack all day, lounge around, maybe go shopping, then try to stay up until midnight with the kids. Last year I did not but my kids woke me up at 12. LOL.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We do a little party at home. We have foods that the boys choose and we rent some movies. They decided that nachos with all the fixings are and sparkling apple cider are "party foods". We stop the movie right about midnight to watch the ball drop and then we finish watching the movie and go to bed. It isn't exciting, but the boys think that it is the greatest.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I refuse to drive on New Years Eve with my daughter in the car (not because of me but other drivers). So we walk 2 houses down to the neighbors (we live in a court) and bring some food and some sparkling apple cider for the kids and play board games while the kids play in the playroom.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DH and I go to a clean and sober dance then come home early around 11pm or so, have a snack and watch the ball drop then go to bed.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob baronmom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We go to a friend's house in Baltimore. We have done it for that last 4 years. They live in a cul-de-sac, and a bunch of the neighbors get together and party. Lots of good food. The kids all run around from house to house. We have a blast. If it is not too cold, we have a fire.

Registered User phoeny_moonstar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We will probably be spending the new years with friends, playing games and having a good dinner. Woot woot!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'll be home with a few friends eating, playing cards and waiting for the ball to drop.

I remember the two years my son was in Iraq. He called me Iraq time then again my time for New Years. Those were special calls for me.

New Years Day I'll be fixing Corned Beef and Cabbage for family and friends.

New Years is my favorite day of the year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We don't have a set routine yet. But, there is a hockey game that night. It is an early game so we will leave around 8-8:30pm. Then I don't know what we will do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast