Do you make New Years resolutions?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Do you make New Years resolutions?

And if so, do you make it official and write them down? Do you usually keep your resolutions or do you make the same ones every year?
    I set goals for myself for the new year but don't call them resolutions....same thing with less pressure maybe? lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I also set goals for myself and always the same one, to lose weight. I always start great and then lose focus by mid Feb.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I also set goals for myself instead of making resolutions.

I also set a goal of losing weight .. last year I was good until the end of Mar. Going to try again this year because it still needs doing.

Most of the goals I set last year have, at least, been consistently worked on.

I will be setting goals this year as well.
    EmilyD

Change/Piggy Bank Jar Challenge (I use it for my clothes allowance)
    All silver change into piggy for 1 year (Oct 2019) (Will turn in today 1/3)
    Household savings account $200.00 monthly, current bal. $900.00
    My savings: current bal. 10.00
    Pay extra on mortgage/loan/auto $50.00 @ monthly

Projects for 2020:
    # 1 New front porch
    Major declutter house
    Major declutter garage

2020 Stash Management
    2020 Frugal Challenge
    2020 House Purge / Declutter Challenge
    2020 Meal Planning Challenge
    2020 Grocery Budget Challenge $250.00 monthly

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

no new year's resolutions. i will be dieting after the holidays....for sure....but to make a resolution.........it always is a failure for me. (same as others....if i could make a diet work....i would be skinny already.....my big personal struggle.....) if i have goals to improve on my self in other ways.....they are just goals and i work on them throughout the year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do not make resolutions, I do however make a list of to do things for year, or money goals to accomplish,and look over last years list.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I always do but I never keep them. But then again, I never write them down or track them. I may start tracking them on the my challenge thread.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I do make a list of resolutions and usually have them written down somewhere in my computer. Either in a word program or on my blog (which hasn't been updated in some time). So, I've been thinking about them lately. Here is what I have so far:

1. Continue my Wal-mart boycott (that was a 2008 resolution that has been successful...have not stepped foot in a Wal-mart since 2007).
    2. To be a better sister to my brother, his fiance and my SIL's. I'm not a bad sister...I just don't call as much as I should, so I need to get better about that type of thing, since none of them live close by, I need to keep in touch with them better!
    3. Lose weight. I've been doing well over the years with this. I don't shoot for the moon, but I'm trying to end the year 10 pounds lighter than it started, and I usually at least hit that goal each year. I've lost 60 pounds over the last 5 years. Though this year, my bro is getting married in Oct, so I'd like to lose 20-30 pounds by then, so we'll see if it can be done!
    4. I have financial resolutions, but those are more goals for the year, so I won't post them here!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

i haven't been setting resolutions for several years now, just kinda thinking them in my head. this year i definitely want to set some - i got a daytimer book that has 6mo at a time in it so i have a tool to gtd (get things done) i'm going to write my resolutions in it to keep them in my head all year long.
    the first one: try a walmart boycott - momto i am so impressed with you. i've tried this before and didn't last but a few months. i blame it on not having very many stores in my small area. but this past year, i've been an aldi convert!! i love that store. i am also going to see if i can go to a pickyourown place this summer and also garden. i hope gas stays down so i can plan trips to a krogers which is 40 miles away. and also the dollar store. i think it's a possible goal.
    start an Emergency Fund
    read more
    watch more movies/tv that i haven't seen -- i am so bad about watching reruns of tv shows or movies i've seen over and over.
    lose weight / exercise - i've let my health go and need to get it back
    start cooking again - where i've lived by myself for so long..i've just stopped cooking for myself. this will also help with my goal of not spending money at work for food
    blog more - i have a frugal blog that i was posting to infrequently. i want to post on a more scheduled basis, also with more pictures i've taken myself hence take more pictures this year
    spend more time with friends - i love being a homebody but this past year have been an extremist in that area-one because my house needs cleaning so i never invite anyone over and two because of not having any clothes to wear due to gaining so much weight
    participate more here at frugal village-this is the best place on the web for being creatively frugal and i love all the good-hearted people who post, so i'd like to be more present here

and so much more.......
    i'm just hoping to accomplish anything i can
    i think having a list could make it happen!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't really do resolutions but more of a yearly goal thing. I write them down in my monthly planner and keep track of them as much as possible. If I don't accomplish them it's not the end of the world, but it is nice to know how far I've come over the year.

My goals for 2009 are:
    to become better financially, get even healthier and life our lives as frugal as possible!

~Save $1,000 (baby step 1)
    ~Get 4 of our 6 credit cards paid off
    ~Pay for another Christmas in cash
    ~Lose 15 pounds
    ~Eat out only for celebrations (if even then)
    ~Declutter our home of unused and unloved items. Sell the items to help with debt reduction.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

No I don't make resolutions, however I do set goals for myself.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

One year, I did write down the goals I had for that year and taped them to the fridge. Some of them I accomplished (things around the house), others I didn't (losing weight).
    I will probably do something similar this year.
    -DH and I are challenging each other to lose weight and get in shape. I want to lose about 40 lbs.
    -Financially, I want to pay off the rest of my CC, pay off the rest of DH's Student Loans, continue adding money to the EF and to the kids bank accounts while working on paying off the other debts (my Student Loan, Dh's CC, and the house).
    -We want to take a huge family vacation to Disney in 2010 and I would like to try to have it planned ASAP so that I can either save for it or have it payed off before we go.
    -House wise, I want to clean out both my basement and my attic and organize them better so we can utalize them better. We also NEED to get the driveway done this year. We also want to redo our TV/Computer room to make it more of an entertainment room.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes I usually make them but then forget what they were a few weeks into the New Year. Maybe this time I'll write it down on the fridge and see if it makes a difference!