New Years Resolutions anyone? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Probably not. I am having enough difficulty keeping up with the holidays.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I actually prefer the monthly challenges that we have here - much more attainable and friendlier.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by LuLuBleen View Post
    The trick is to make resolutions that you can keep. Like Russ' cookie one. I bet we could ALL keep that one!

The "normal" resolutions are so unattainable for most people (and boring) that I wouldn't even bother with them. You know...lose 50 pounds, exercise two hours a day, write the great American novel, give up television, never eat out, save half your income, etc.

I actually kept my one and only tiny resolution for 2010. I'll have to come up with something even tinier for 2011 because I'm really tired this year.
    Lulu, you are right. It's much easier to keep such resolutions as eating cookies. Don't be afraid of your resolutions. We should try to consider them dreams. It doesn't matter you didn't achieve what you want this year. You've done at least something to get closer. Your dreams make you do something all the time. The same with resolutions. I think it would be boring if we didn't have all this...

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I do make them, and I'm about 60% on achieving them. I typically make several, knowing full well that I won't be able to keep them all, but use them as a guide for the life I want to live in 2011. Then I try to gauge how I'm doing throughout the year. Even if I fail on some of them, I typically don't fail COMPLETELY. I keep a written journal, and I write in it almost daily, so it is easy for me to write, review, and evaluate my resolutions and why I am/am not achieving them.
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I think it's important to have goals, and I also think it's important to be able to revise those goals when necessary. There's no such thing as "failure" if the goal is continual improvement....or at least that's the way I try to look at it. If perfection were the goal....well, all I can say to that is "life happens"!

Here's to a successful 2011 for all of us, whatever that looks like!

Registered User Gotonenerveleft's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My goals for 2011 are to join a few challenges here at the village.....hopefully they will keep me focused on the things I wish to accomplish. I also want to make this year a "positive" year. I and a few of those around me need a change in our "language"....negative speech becomes negative thoughts which sometimes becomes negative actions. NO WHINING allowed this year around my house. We have been blessed with very much so we need to daily acknowledge it and be grateful for it. We need to change our "stinking thinking" from a focus on "lack" to one of "abundance". So with the help of the challenges here on FV (which will help me to do what I need to do) and me channeling my inner Pollyanna, I think this is gonna be a wonderful year!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

pay off my debt - even tho working a min wage job (i am looking but it is very rough out there)

-wont be ez

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Mine is more of a way of life change.......

I am going to lose some weight...not going to guarantee I will lose the whole 30 lbs this year but will guarantee to lose at last half and keep it off...and then if need be the next year i will lose the next 15...15 lbs is better than nothing...

I am going to figure out a way to make 200 plus dollars extra a month to supplement my income.....dh is not able to work outside the home due to back issues and my daughters health can be up and down so someone needs to be home in case she needs to stay home...with this 200 extra dollars and income tax return added to my monthly income we should be able to live, pay off debt and save a little extra.....

I am going to become as frugal as can be to try and put more money away just in case you never know and learning these skills will be most helpful..

Working with dh to figure out a 500 a month food and toiletry budget which would include cat dog food, food for us and toiletries....and making out a menu for meals with him as he makes most of the food as i work...He is such a good boy....

Learning some homesteading skills so that hopefully within the next couple of years after a peice of property sells that i will be able to cut back on my work hours substantially to be here for my kids and would love to do foster care in the future....but not until i get my house finished the way it needs to be done and get things organized...

I think that is it for now... he he... but like i said...its not new years resolutions...its a new way of life that i feel will make dh and i happier etc.....more focused and make us realize that there is more to like than just ourselves...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is what I'm planning to do: join a few challenges here, those really help me to focus what I want to do, a daily reminder, so to speak.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love making New Years resolutions. Last year I resolved to stop drinking soda and I actually did it! I have not had a soda in a whole year which is pretty major since I was a diet Cokeaholic. This has been the only resolution that I have ever made that I really stuck to. For 2011 I am resolving to eat 5 or more total servings of fruit or veggies daily. Hopefully it will snowball into better eating for me and I will lose a few pounds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12