New Years Plans 2011 - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by annymoll View Post
    We have reservations at the Hyatt Regency for their New Years Eve Party. We will have dinner at Skies, along with drinks and dancing. Has become a tradition for us to go, along with two other couples who do the same! So looking foward to it!
    You will not be to far from my house. And wow, that's a pretty big night here. Enjoy your time and I bet you will have such a blast! I'll wave if I see you on tv. My daughter's step mom use to work at the skies and that is not cheap eating for sure.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Staying home safe and sound

Will probably have a snacky dinner and either watch movies or play games.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Palooka View Post
    You will not be to far from my house. And wow, that's a pretty big night here. Enjoy your time and I bet you will have such a blast! I'll wave if I see you on tv. My daughter's step mom use to work at the skies and that is not cheap eating for sure.
    We never go there except at New Years when it is part of a package deal( I can't justify it otherwise!)!I spend most of my days in jeans or workpants, but I love to get dressed up and go out. This is one time we do!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We never go there except at New Years when it is part of a package deal( I can't justify it otherwise!)!I spend most of my days in jeans or workpants, but I love to get dressed up and go out. This is one time we do!!
    So what does your dress look like?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Enjoy how so many of you have kids over for the ny eve. I used to always do that -- my son's best friends would come over to spend the night. That was always fun -- sleeping bags all over the living room, junk food, video games and banging pots and pans at midnight.

Not any more. Went through a few years when I stayed totally sober and awake so, if he'd needed me, I could go pick him up.

Now he's 28; doesn't need me. I might walk to a neighbor's house Friday night, probably watch a movie and drink a little wine either here or there.

Midnight doesn't seem a big deal to me (not since 2000, lol) But I look forward to waking up in the morning and thinking about a brand new year

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My husband and I will stay home...I'll make some finger food that I rarely make, we'll have tea and treats and probably watch a marathon of a series on Netflix. This will be our 4 month old puppy's first exposure to fireworks (noise), so we will have to stay up until midnight this year and comfort him.
    Last edited by Lynn4; 12-27-2010 at 11:24 PM. Reason: typo

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Palooka View Post
    So what does your dress look like?
    It is teal, made like a slipdress, but has a matching wrap. I have had it since the early 90's, but it has held up ok and I think it will work.My daughter has a similar dress in black so I don't think it will look too dated!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Our holiday schedule has been altered this year - we usually go to Oahu for New Years at DSIL's house - big party, lots of food, friends, wine, fireworks, wine, etc, etc. This year DH and I will be with DMIL on Kauai as she recovers from her fall. Works out just fine for us!! May get some Lychee vodka to celebrate!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It is teal, made like a slipdress, but has a matching wrap. I have had it since the early 90's, but it has held up ok and I think it will work.My daughter has a similar dress in black so I don't think it will look too dated!
    Sounds pretty.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our tradition is to be home and house bound by sundown.
    Hubby's family was hit by a different drunk driver three years in a row when he was growing up. So we have this tradition. It is getting hard now that we have teenagers and they are invited to parties with youth group and such. So we have to break tradition sometimes. Prefer not to.

We have appetizer night for dinner. We also get the individual glass bottles of soda like cream soda and orange crush. We watch tv and the movies and try to stay up to midnight.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Long-Dist. bf and I hop on our online game together with friends. We all run around playing the game, then at Midnight we sit on the roof of a building (in the game) and watch the fireworks (in the game) together. This will be our 3rd New Years of doing this, I'm looking forward to it. More of our gaming friends come online just for this, some people we haven't "seen" all year come out of the woodwork.

Silly, but I love it.

The neighbors will be shooting off their guns, one particular neighbor will be outside screaming drunkily at everyone, I'll eavesdrop on the profanity and situation....yah....good times.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It has been a very, very long time since my dh and I have gone out on New Years.

So, he will be in bed asleep and I will sit up by myself and I might ring in the New Year with whoever is partying on the tv. Or I may fall asleep.

Sad, huh?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well our Church is having a New Years Eve party from 8pm to 1am. Daughter wants to go but we live 45 minutes from church. Thats a late time to be driving on the country roads coming home. So we might be staying home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Diva has requested to spend NYE with me and Old Man. I invited the ex over to spend some time with us.

We usually do a night of munchies and fun. Play games, watch movies and watch the ball drop.

Starting at 6, I serve a food parade... small amounts of different appetizers.

This years food choices -
    king crab legs with butter sauce
    cheese tray with crackers, grapes and pepperoni
    chips and salsa
    sweet and spicy crockpot meatballs (hm)
    chicken and turkey bacon (hm)
    scallops and bacon
    pizza rolls
    crab puffs (hm)
    fried raviloi (hm)
    mini quiche lorraine (hm)
    spanokopita (hm)
    vanilla ice cream with pecan praline sauce (hm)
    sparkling grape juice

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That will be a feast, LV!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast