Hopes for the New Year? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered User Gotonenerveleft's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Like one of the previous posters....my goal is to work on the inner me. I need a change in attitude. I need to channel my inner Pollyanna. There are a few people around me that are very negative and it brings out my negative side just listening to it. Since I can't cut them out of my life I hope to diffuse the bad vibes by reminding them of the good. This will help me focus on only the good also. I hope to change the language the most. It's so easy to say things are "bad"...."it's so hard"...."why me?".....without realizing if that is really true or not. I've yet to meet a person, no matter their circumstance, that wasn't blessed in some way. You just have to realize and acknowledge that the blessings are there. It's easy to focus on lack instead of abundance and that is what I hope to change for myself and a few others in 2011.

I also want it to be a year that I lighten up and enjoy myself. I think that God gave us a big wonderful life and when we're not happy with one thing or another I can just picture him saying...." Helloooooo......I've given you the world.... the least you can do is enjoy it" I haven't been unhappy I've just been way too conservative and I think that allows me to miss out on the joy. Who knows I might turn into someone who'd wear a clown nose to the grocery store.....nawww doubt it!
    Tami
    Married 34 years
    DD 31 , DS 26
    GS 10, GS 9

Trying to get back on the frugal wagon!!!!

2011 Grocery challenge - January $76.13/$350.00
    2011 Menu Planning - 2weeks/52weeks
    2011 Try New Recipes - 1/24
    2011 Homemade Christmas - 0/8
    2011 Reading challlenge - 2/24
    2011 Clean Home Challenge - January - Pantry

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Gotonenerveleft View Post
    Like one of the previous posters....my goal is to work on the inner me. I need a change in attitude.....SNIP SNIP ....A It's easy to focus on lack instead of abundance and that is what I hope to change for myself and a few others in 2011.

I also want it to be a year that I lighten up and enjoy myself .... SNIP SNIP ....!

This is what I've been working on, too. I've been feeling down and lonely -- wondering why I don't have better friends and why people don't like me enough, and all kinds of sad miserable stuff.

Now I'm pretty bored with that and realize that it's up to me to BOUNCE out of that attitude and figure out a way of being more popular and more liked by others. More out of my shell and less waiting for someone new to come along.

Being here amongst you is a good start ... being able to say things freely & getting feedback is lovely.

(I was thinking of starting a new thread: How to be happy. or How to find friends.)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I need to just be strong and get my $ under control. I also am going to work very hard on my marriage and build a better realtionship with my son because he is a strong willed kid and sometimes I get overly frustrated with him.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

To learn to take time out for myself more than I do now, in several areas. Ya know, when mom is happy the house is much happier.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't know yet, I'm still in the process of reviewing last year. Next year promises to be full of changes - DH is going back to work after being unemployed, I'm trying to change jobs, and we've decided to try for #2. I really just want to be able to roll with the punches!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Besides once again trying to get a grip on my finances, I plan to:

1) Accept more of the challenges offered on here to spread my wings.
    2) Continue to work on my relationship with my mother. That was my Christmas present to myself this year and it has been rocky but I am determined to continue the effort.
    3) Work on reducing costs of bf visits so they don't kill our budgets
    4) Slip into empty-nest syndrome when my last daughter graduates this spring and probably moves out by the fall WITHOUT acquiring more pets.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I need to declutter my house - hoarder's style. Our downstairs has collected 6 years worth of stuff that needs to be donated/sold/trashed. I just want this stuff OUT!

Also, I need to work on being on the computer less.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For me it would be to get a job and to enjoy working with people that are nice & enjoyable to be around!!! I've learned that money isn't everything and Lord help me to remember that!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have bunches of stuff I want to do and still listing them ! Good luck to everyone with their goals !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12