What Do you Do on New Year's Eve?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default What Do you Do on New Year's Eve?

I really look forward to New Year's Eve.

We don't go anywhere or do anything special, but it is one of my favorite nights of the year.

We rent a kids movie and a movie for DH and I. We get cheap sub sandwiches and Fritos from QuickCheck and eat in the living room (this is a HUGE treat for the kids, as our rule is food in the kitchen only) while we watch the kid movie. Then, the kids go to the basement and play video games or watch their tv shows while DH and I watch our movie in the living room. They come back up after our movie is over and we all hang out watching kid shows until around 11:50 when we wake up DS8 (he tries so hard to stay up but never makes it, but DD and DS6 are still going strong) and we all watch the ball drop and then we all hit the hay.

It's just a really nice night with our family.

What do you do? Any special traditions?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gosh that sounds like a lovely tradition!! DH & I are not huge party people so going out to dinner or dressing up to get pushed around at a club with overly loud music isn't our thing.

Our plan - we've done this twice so far - watch all the variety 'live' coverage shows leading up to the countdown (or a movie) while noshing on hors doeuvres / appies & shrimp ring throughout the night. It means a lot of up and down the stairs for me but its still kind of nice to have the treats with a small bottle of champagne to toast the new year.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

In the past I've made a bunch of snacks and appetizers and we've got on our computers and played online games with friends around the world until the wee hours. But we're not involved in any MMOs right now, so DH and I will probably fire up our new copies of XCOM:Enemy Unknown (gifts to each other) and shoot alien invaders late into the night.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We get a pizza and some rootbeer. Fall asleep from the carbs. And worry about the adult kids out on the roads. WHEEE! Subs sound good actually. Maybe icecream sundays or something.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We usually attend a get together with friends at someone's house. Last year it was our house, so we're going out this year. We have an easy dinner, sit around and chat while the kids play all together and we watch the end of year shows together. We usually come home around 2-3 AM. Our tradition is x-mas with family, New Year with friends!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a list of people wanting us to go bar hopping all night long. I'm thinking a quiet night at home or a party here sounds better. I did mention this to everyone asking us to go out so I very likely will end up with a houseful. That's a ok with me! Dh can fire up the grill and keep things simple.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

our kids always go to or have a party..we have a nice dinner and watch the Twilight Zone marathon on sci fi..drink a bottle of bubbly..quiet here

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Our plans usually depend on whether hubby is working or not. We don't got out because hubby doesn't wanna deal with a bunch of drunkards after being around them all the time at work.

Hubby is off this year (yay!) and we are keeping it simple. Im going to make soup in my crockpot, mini pizzas for kids, have various snackies, etc. We will rent a movie or two. We have invited one of my girlfriends and her little boy over.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ski
    That's all. It's fun

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We make different appetizers, have wine & Asti and watch DVDs we got for XMas that are family friendly as DS is 11.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We don't usually do anything special. I guess we're just fuddy-duddies!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a "family party". We pick a handful of movies off Netflix. We make "party nachos". They are nachos with all the fixin's and that crappy liquid nachos cheese sauce like you get at places. We watch the movies until it is almost midnight, flip over to one of the stations showing the ball drop and watch it go down, then flip back over to the movie and finish it up, then we go to bed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We usually tends to go to a gathering of some sort. Either us grown up in a party, or the whole family to a familyparty. Turkey or dried, salted and smoked lambrib (pinnekjøtt in norwegian) is on the menu.
    At midnigth there are fireworks everywhere, it is still the only day when we are alowed to do fireworks at home. We dont buy fireworks because all of the neighbours have and I am not found of the safety around the whole thing, but we do buy sparklers for the kids.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We usually chill out as well, make good food, watch the festivities on tv, maybe we will have a bonfire this year, and jump around and scream when it is the new year....then we go to bed
    New year's day, we have a brunch that we go to and hang out with our friends. The boys will be here this year and our oldest will be partying with his friends and is sleeping over there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We don't do anything. My younger daughter's (13) friend is having a sleepover party for her friends and she wants to go but I still have to do a check in with the Mom and make sure they are supervised and no boys will be there for the overnight portion. We really try to stay off the roads and safely at home on New Years reading, watching tv or hanging out on the computer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast