Vacationing in Seattle...
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile Vacationing in Seattle...

The second week in November, I am heading to Seattle with my boys to visit some family and have a little vacation!

We are trying to make the vacation as frugal as possible (of course), but we've got some spending money saved up, specifically for the trip. So I am looking for ideas of what to see that is frugal, but also the other things that people recommend, frugal or not! My brother will be our tour guide, so I'm sure he'll have plenty to show us.

But I just thought I would see if anyone knows of any of Seattle's best kept secret frugal locations! My boys are 7 & 4 (and we'll be traveling without DH...I know, call me crazy), so anything we do will have to be family friendly! I know I want to see the Gas Works park and Pike's Market, but other than that I'm not sure (oh, and we'll be skipping the first Starbuck's...I've seen plenty of them over the years : ) And I already have a souvenier mug from there that someone sent me.) Other than that, we are open for suggestion!

Inactive
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lots of people like to take the monorail, then hang out in "Seattle Center" (which is the area where the Space Needle is). That's also where the Seattle Children's Museum and the Pacific Science Center are. Currently, the Pacific Science Center has the "Lucy" exhibit, and there's a 2-for-1 coupon here: http://www.pacsci.org/lucycoupon/. I also like going to see movies in IMAX, but I don't know that that's very frugal. Don't eat in the centerhouse (at Seattle Center), it's very expensive. (Mmm... but DO pick up a piece of fudge there! It's very rich, so a smallish piece feeds several.) There's a McDonald's nearby or Westlake center on the other end of the Monorail, where you can get food. Actually, for cheap food, stop by Dick's. It's near the Seattle Center... just a couple of blocks away. It's an old-style hamburger place. Their hamburgers are all right around two bucks. They're not big, but at that rate, you could each have two.

Inactive
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

See also this article on Wisebread: Free and cheap things to do in Seattle.