I had previously posted this recipe under a thread about meatless meals but that was before I cooked it.

I did and it is definitely a winner. It says it serves 4 but I really believe 6 would be more like it and especially if served with salad and bread. Also, I think you could probably add in some browned ground beef and it would be delicious, too. Shared some with my neighbor and he said even his picky kids liked it. Made it 3-4 days ago and just heated some leftovers and it was just as good as fresh made. Might be a good make ahead dish for those busy week nights. Could be heated in micro then add cheese and put in oven to melt cheese while bread cooks.

2 ½ cups uncooked rigatoni pasta (7 ½ oz)
2 TBS olive oil
½ cup chopped onion
1 small unpeeled eggplant, 8 oz, cut into ½ inch cubes, 3 cups
1 zucchini, 7 oz, halved lengthwise, cut into ¼ inch slices, 1 ½ cups
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
1 ½ cups chredded mozzarella cheese, 6 oz.

Cook/drain pasta as directed on package for al dente. Spray 11” x 7” (2 qt) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350º.

Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, heat oil. Add onion, eggplant and zucchini; cook 5-7 minutes, stirring often, until crisp-tender. Stir in diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Heat through.

Spoon cooked pasta into backing dish. Top with sauce. Cover tightly with foil; bake 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle cheese over top. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until cheese melts. (I used a bit more cheese and poked a few small handfuls down into the pasta before covering top.

Serves 4.