I found a way of getting rid of spiders and bugs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default I found a way of getting rid of spiders and bugs

It's called a bugzooka. It uses suction through an expandable tube to grab the bug and it uses no batteries!! I found one at a yard sale for a dollar and could not believe it would work as well as it does. I caught about 10 spiders since I got it and have seen very few since then.

http://www.buybugzooka.com/

Now and then I DO happen upon a great deal at a yard sale.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That's amazing. I hate killing the little suckers... but can't stomach them in my house. I wonder if it would work on wasps and bees?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't mind killing some of them. My hit list includes flies, cock roaches, fleas,mosquitos, and some, not all spiders. I wouldn't kill a bee but have no problems squashing a Yellow Jacket! I'm thinking once you get 40 bugs in that tube they are going to start getting agitated and plan an all out attack once they are released. A good old fashioned stomping works best for me.

Cat

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

This reminds me of when we had a yellowjacket problem 2 yrs ago INSIDE our house. When we called an exterminator, he told us to use a vacuum hose because that's essentially all he'd be doing too, and he didn't want to charge us for something we could do ourselves.

I've never seen that little gadget before...glad it works well for you .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That is a funny invention. Walmart is selling a kids toy that sucks up bugs. My mom wanted to get it for my son. But I reminded her that once it is full, my sweet boy will release his new treasures. So mom decided not to get it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I let spiders live in my house and they actually do some good. Now my kitties don't like any buggies. My cats do a great job. :p

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Palooka View Post
    I let spiders live in my house and they actually do some good. Now my kitties don't like any buggies. My cats do a great job. :p
    LOL, here too. Of course, we're always having to repair screens after their more energetic hunts <sigh>

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoMom View Post
    LOL, here too. Of course, we're always having to repair screens after their more energetic hunts <sigh>
    Ha-Ha! My cats ripped out our screened in porch just for the birdies and buggies.lol. Seriously...Spiders are really human friendly more than people know. I never kill a spider unless it's a crazy black widow that needs prozac after getting it on with a male, or a brown ricluous(sp) I would stomp to a fast death because they could hurt us...

Has anyone heard of those.."mosquito eaters"?? Not sure of the real name but they look just like evil mosquitos but way bigger. I used to kill them, until I learned they was my friend. They will actually take out those evil blood suckers in your home. I know you can't really pet those small things with big wings, but it might be worth a try.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OMG I have so many spiders on my walls that I can't NOT do something about it. They start out in my basement and work their way upstairs. I use the Bugzooka and catch them and then I drop them in the toilet and flush them down to be sure they aren't coming back. I've not tried it yet on other bugs but I am not catching them to keep them alive! LOL! I hate bugs of all kinds except maybe butterflies. I usually see a fly or bee or hornet now and then, fruit flies and the occasional silverfish or earwig but spiders are abundant here so I am thrilled to have an end to them especially.
    Last edited by HandyMom; 05-21-2009 at 12:34 AM. Reason: wonky fingers!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Funny, I never see bugs in my house. Me and my 12 cats were just talking about that. One time I came into the living room and the wall was literally alive w/ ants. Thats why I like my bagless vaccumn. You can see them whirling around. Must be a little bit cat myself. I don't like spiders my mom and I both have this thing where they'll literally cross the room and drop down on us. Must be fermones?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Has anyone heard of those.."mosquito eaters"?? Not sure of the real name but they look just like evil mosquitos but way bigger. I used to kill them, until I learned they was my friend. They will actually take out those evil blood suckers in your home.
    I think they are called "mosquito hawks". We used to have one (or maybe it was more than one) that lived on our ceilings. We let it alone to do its work killing mosquitos. The kids even named it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My hubby turns up the stereo full blast...he says that gets rid of the spiders...and my hearing!

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by RaineyDaye View Post
    I think they are called "mosquito hawks". We used to have one (or maybe it was more than one) that lived on our ceilings. We let it alone to do its work killing mosquitos. The kids even named it.
    That's cute that your kids named it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by HandyMom View Post
    OMG I have so many spiders on my walls that I can't NOT do something about it. They start out in my basement and work their way upstairs. I use the Bugzooka and catch them and then I drop them in the toilet and flush them down to be sure they aren't coming back. I've not tried it yet on other bugs but I am not catching them to keep them alive! LOL! I hate bugs of all kinds except maybe butterflies. I usually see a fly or bee or hornet now and then, fruit flies and the occasional silverfish or earwig but spiders are abundant here so I am thrilled to have an end to them especially.
    Oh wow, sounds like you do have a big spider problem. Years ago I lived in an apartment and they had a huge problem with silverfish and they never could get rid of them through all the extermination. I would see those things nightly on my ceiling. I have heard of earwigs but not sure what they look like and I heard they are freaky. I will have to google.

Just tonight I was hanging on the couch with my kids and there was this black thingy crawling on my shirt and it had like a tail up in the air...almost like a scorpion. I screamed so loud and I am sure my neighbors heard me. lol. I flicked it off my shirt. I have no idea what that bug was and it's somewhere in my living room.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Instead of buying anything=== I just take an empty container. Pill bottles work great.. and i place it over the little creature. It crawls right into it and you can take it outside.

Don't worry. They won't come back to visit their family.
    Also great for karma.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast