Spiders!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spiders!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Angry Spiders!

~I love fall but I hate how I brings out all the creepy, huge, quick and sneaky spiders. I've ran shrieking from 3 just this morning.
    Wish dh was home to kill them...~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hubby sprayed inside and outside recently, in anticipation to the creepy-crawlies attempt to get inside this time of the year. Now all I seem to do is sweep crickets and gigantic dead wolf spiders out of the garage -

I had a jumbo-size spider build a huge web on my clothes line overnight, and I darn near walked through it. I think the whole neighborhood heard my gasp!

We had a cricket get into a clothes basket filled with dirty clothes and it ate holes in a number of things and left brown stains.....what a mess. I hate crickets!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Grainlady View Post
    Hubby sprayed inside and outside recently, in anticipation to the creepy-crawlies attempt to get inside this time of the year. Now all I seem to do is sweep crickets and gigantic dead wolf spiders out of the garage -

I had a jumbo-size spider build a huge web on my clothes line overnight, and I darn near walked through it. I think the whole neighborhood heard my gasp!

We had a cricket get into a clothes basket filled with dirty clothes and it ate holes in a number of things and left brown stains.....what a mess. I hate crickets!!!
    Uh I think Spiders have crickets for lunch, so kinda like if you have a cat, you have no mice, but you have fleas

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ah yes, fall brings the joys of the changing colors, the apple cider and giant freakin' spiders. We have them ALL OVER, we can go out to the car, clear the spiders and when we come back (like, 2 seconds later) they are BACK. We also have a basement, which is like, spider heaven. We also have a family of giant house spiders, now those are fun to stumble on.

We basically leave them alone, use a spider stick to move them away outside, but if they come inside . . .too bad so sad spidey.

~KB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Most of my spiders stick to the tack room, where all the good juicy bugs are.

Grainlady, could be worse. You could be sweeping UNdead giant wolf spiders out of your house! I used to envy states that had wolf spiders. How cool of a name is that? I've never seen one, but the name makes them sound very exotic!!
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ah yes, the spiders. And the first cold day they start moving around....UGH.

Went through my garage door today and had a web go across my face.......double UGH! Then you wonder where the owner is....

We have the hobo spiders here.....and they love basements. I don't stop to 'identify' .........I JUST SQUISH!!

Here MH.......see a pic of the wolf spider.....some interesting info too.

http://www.termite.com/spider-identification.html

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Very cool!! Although, ironically, the mouse spider looks like a much tougher customer than the wolf spider! What's in a name, right?
    DH aka Mad Hen
    (http://mad-hen-creations.blogspot.com/)

Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. Anna Lappe

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Charles C View Post
    Uh I think Spiders have crickets for lunch, so kinda like if you have a cat, you have no mice, but you have fleas
    This is funny to me.

Yesteday I walked out on the deck head first into a web. I am a weirdo that enjoys spiders(very house friendly) and crickets to...just as long as they stay out of my space.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I guess I'm the odd duck here -- I LOVE spiders! Got a tattoo of one on my shoulder. I never kill them, they're too good to have around. Killing all the other nasty things that linger. I pick 'em up and toss 'em outisde sometimes, but other than that, I leave 'em be. DH and I couldn't even bring ourselves to kill some ants a year ago. Thankfully we moved before they got to be too bad.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hate spiders, eek. But I hate field mice more.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't so much mind the spiders (unless one gets in my hair [be that percieved or actual]--then it is full-on freak out time) . . . it is the doggone ants that are driving me nuts!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I live in Florida. There are huge spiders all times of the year!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I use these around the house
    Spiders don't like them. Thus I have no spiders, no chemicals and the 8 legged wonders can stay outside where they'll do some good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Palooka View Post
    This is funny to me.

Yesteday I walked out on the deck head first into a web. I am a weirdo that enjoys spiders(very house friendly) and crickets to...just as long as they stay out of my space.
    Palooka thank you very much, I love making funnys, but was surprised by frugalfannys list of poisonous spiders, only thought their were three, in USA, and that the daddylong legs didn't count because it can't bite.

Learn stuff in here all the time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Joyofsix those things might work, but gave me a backache for nothing once. Loaded boxes full for farmers market on a tip, trying to sell for $.25 each. Everyone else seem to have them for sale too, hope they did better than I did, didn't sell even one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast